Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 11:38:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Spaghetti Westerns vs. American Westerns
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Do you prefer  the westerns of Leone,Corbucci,Sollima etc over the likes of Ford,Peckinpah,Hawks etc or vice versa?Please can explain why below and perhaps let us know if you are American,European or otherwise.
Spaghetti Westerns
American Westerns
Can't decide

Author Topic: Spaghetti Westerns vs. American Westerns  (Read 14063 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 01:47:55 AM »

thanks banjo. i presume it is easier and cheaper to find directly the movies than only the soundtracks. BTW, what do you think about the hypothesis of Nicolai being an alias of Morricone?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 02:50:58 AM »

Hi,titoli,yes there is quite a similarity isn't there but considering Nicholai was Morricones conductor i don't suppose this comes as a big surprise.Don't know if if knew that Run Man Run was composed by Morricone but credited to Morricone(contractual reasons apparently).
I have only ever purchased Morricones soundtrack CD's.The best buy i've seen is the 2cd "Western Quintet" which Caiman USA keep putting on UK Amazon for only 7(it doesn't come up if you enter the title so just enter "Morricone western").At slightly under 3 hours long you get the (near?)complete soundtracks to DYS(all 11 tracks-my favourite),My Name is Nobody,Companeros,Tepepa and A Fist Goes West(aka Buddy Goes West.
On UK Ebay there always seems to be 2/3 reliable sellers of( excellent quality burnt dvd copies)  several and often rare SW's.My usual strategy is to put the opening bid only on a good spread  of titles and i end up with 3 or 4 dvd's for not much more than 10 including a combined postage.Whatever you do,don't get drawn into a bidding battle because the titles are usually re-listed soon afterwards.

HEX
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2005, 10:40:51 PM »

i prefer spags over american westerns simply because i find that american westerns are incredibly boring. especially john wayne films.

as a matter of fact the only american western i think are excellent are

the wild bunch
high noon
the ballad of gable hoag
little big man

and a few others i wont mention. spaghetti westerns are never boring. true many are astrocious but that makes them more fun to watch.besides it is not all trash. there are many masterpieces of the genre not just the leone ones.

by the way LEONE OWNS JOHN FORD!

CLASS DISMISSED

NOW DUCK U FUCKERS!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2007, 04:07:49 PM »

There is a thread on imdb comparing the +'s & -'s of Spaghetti Westerns vs. American Westerns add your opinions here:

http://imdb.com/board/bd0000030/thread/72278455?p=1

cigar joe = mgtbltp on imdb

Have Fun!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 04:22:38 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2007, 02:10:42 AM »

Wow! That Cougar kid is a misguided, prejudice fool. First he praises American Westerns for their "realism", then he just "doesn't care" that there are fantastical elements in "The Searchers", all the while denoting italian westerns for their "un-realistic" potrayal of the west.

So which one is it?

why is he praising the faults of a genre he obviously favors and denoting a genre he doesn't favor for the same faults!??

I'm not even going to put my two-cents in this ring. I'm in no mood to try to convince somebody he/she is a hypocrite.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2007, 09:26:32 AM »

why is he praising the faults of a genre he obviously favors and denoting a genre he doesn't favor for the same faults!??

He sort of what I would call an "Eastwood worshiper", he likes to quote an interview with Eastwood where he says that "Leone's films were "High Opera"", whatever the hell that means.

He also claims that "Josey Wales" & "Undorgiven" is way better than GBU, an that American Westerns have more compelling stories.

I'm not even going to put my two-cents in this ring. I'm in no mood to try to convince somebody he/she is a hypocrite.

No you really should it will be fun to "f" (I find it entertaining  Afro) with these guys on here they are a bit jingoistic about AW's

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM