Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 06:04:41 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Here I am attention whoring myself!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Here I am attention whoring myself!  ( 3639 )
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« : April 27, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »

120 Years of Film - created by me
 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5073842869897086346&q=120+years+of+film

The 1960's: An Era of Rebellion, Eay Riders and British Invaders - created by me
 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2482206165828724107&q=The+1960%27s+-+an+era+of

What better to do with forty minutes?

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #1 : April 27, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »

Thanks for posting those, I really enjoyed them  O0

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #2 : April 27, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »

I wish I got Lee Harvey Oswald's assassination video on there. I found it after I finished.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #3 : April 27, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »

I watched 120 Years and was entertained. I particularly liked the cut you did from GBU to OUATITW. Really quite good.

Of course, if you'd care for some constructive criticism, there are a couple of points I could offer. First (and there is no way this point can ever be completely satisfied), you just don't have enough clips from enough different movies. But rather than bring up a whole list of titles that could be added, perhaps it is more helpful to just say this: double the number of films represented, but keep the running time you have now. I thought all your clips went on too long and ALL could be trimmed (and after leaving one film, why return to it again later with another clip?). Second: assume a certain amount of cinematic literacy on the part of viewers. I think you could dispense with all the titles, with the possible exception of those at the beginning and end. Possibly you could have end titles that list the sources of the clips in order. Finally, I would have preferred you keeping more strictly to chronological order: it was really jarring going from Leone and Bonnie & Clyde (great way to use the soundtrack, btw) to Shane. I don't say you have to be rigid on this matter, but when you say you're going from 1888 to 2006 certain expectations are raised....

Just some free advice that's worth what you paid for it. Thanks for putting your work up for us to view. O0

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #4 : April 27, 2007, 01:12:38 PM »

Thanks for the criticism. I plan on remaking something on the same idea months from now once I'm more experienced in video editing, and I'll certianly try and remember your post.

Cyrax
Road Apple

I got myself a GBU poster YAY!

« #5 : April 28, 2007, 02:30:42 PM »

Good job!

Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price. That is why the bounty killers appeared.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #6 : April 28, 2007, 03:09:39 PM »

I remember watching that 120 years of film video.

You do a good job with the compilation stuff.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines