Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 02:51:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Quién Sabe: A Comparative Analysis of Revolutionary and Gender Politics in Two Z
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quién Sabe: A Comparative Analysis of Revolutionary and Gender Politics in Two Z  (Read 3126 times)
As The Palaces Burn
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:26:39 AM »

For those who are interested...here's the final draft of my undergraduate dissertation, focusing on the revolutionary and gender politics of two Zapta Spaghetti Westerns.

I'd just like to thank everyone on the board who have given me suggestions (regarding books to check out etc etc) and for the general banter that's fueled my interest in the genre. It's gone from being a mere interest to an unhealthy obsession in the last year. On the off chance that any of the authors of my sources post on here...Cheers!

Having said that, I'm not trying to be Frayling, Cox, Weisser or Fridlund or anyone of that order. This is simply from the perspective of someone who's love for Spaghetti's has developed in the last year or so. There are so many areas that I wanted to tackle but due to word limit restrictions couldnht. Hopefully I can take my interest onto my MA studies next year.

Please be kind.

Soooo.............

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=38449608&blogID=259303501&MyToken=c90096fa-4c40-4271-96e4-fbd7138fbe27

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:37:54 AM by As The Palaces Burn » Logged
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 05:04:06 PM »

Thanks. It's gonna take me some time to go over such a long piece, but I look forward to reading it later. Sorry to hear about your SW obsession, but maybe if you keep warm and get enough fluids it will pass. (btw, AFOD is not 1962).

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:43:27 PM »

great so far, thanks!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 12:21:53 AM »

Having said that, I'm not trying to be  Weisser

well let's certainly hope not Grin

Quick note: Mexico is not apart of South America.
And FOD was released in 1964.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:26:11 AM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Eric
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 12:31:50 AM »

Where are your in-text citations?!

Just kidding. I need to get out of my teaching English 102 mode.

As The Palaces Burn
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 05:43:47 AM »

Cheers guys. I dont know why I put 1962 and I cant believe I didnt spot it. AND I cant believe it's in the opening paragraph. GREAT (Mentally kicks himseld). Haha.  There are citations in the actual word document but the blog wont let me use them. I tried looking for something else to post it online but couldnt find anywhere else decent.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »

Cheers guys. I dont know why I put 1962 and I cant believe I didnt spot it. AND I cant believe it's in the opening paragraph. GREAT (Mentally kicks himseld). Haha.  There are citations in the actual word document but the blog wont let me use them. I tried looking for something else to post it online but couldnt find anywhere else decent.

I see you changed the dates but I would change the Mexico in South America mix-up. Mexico lies in Central America.

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 05:17:03 PM »

Mexico is part of North America (hence NAFTA, of which you've no doubt heard). Central America is also part of North America. More geography info here: http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/na.htm

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
As The Palaces Burn
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 05:29:14 PM »

Done and done again. You learn something knew every day huh? I've changed it to Central America as although I understand the Noth America pigeon-holing is probbaly technically more correct...I think that its important to make sure there's a distinct seperatuon between the U.S and Mexico so that the political aspirations of the two films is made abundantly clear to a less..."Enlightened" reader. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM