Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:03:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Wanted Sabata (1970)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanted Sabata (1970)  (Read 2153 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216399/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/vari-west45.htm

Italian db says that plot and movie are weak. I would agree, but still I could watch this without boring myself like I did with other ones. Maybe because the copy from tv was good. or probably because the movie has some kinf of rhythm. Or maybe because I've seen worse. Anyway you're interested where the story is leading to
Karis (main actor of the movie, in spite of the title) kills his own brother and lets Sabata-Harris (to whom he has sold some land) take the fall for it. But as Karis is mainly a bounty-hunter by profession, he helps Sabata escaping and then starts killing the men who have helped sentence him to death to let the reward grow. With the help of Karis woman and the sheriff Sabata will straighten out things.
The score remnds me of some that can be heard in some Fidani's.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 09:28:42 AM »

Anyway you're interested where the story is leading to
Karis (main actor of the movie, in spite of the title) kills his own brother and lets Sabata-Harris (to whom he has sold some land) take the fall for it. But as Karis is mainly a bounty-hunter by profession, he helps Sabata escaping and then starts killing the men who have helped sentence him to death to let the reward grow. With the help of Karis woman and the sheriff Sabata will straighten out things.
I haven't get any westerns starring Vassili Karis and am quite curious about him seeing that he was the only guy other than Gianni Garko to play Spirito Santo. Huh

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »

I always wondered how Karis could be in movies and be payed for it (I presume) too.  He plays the bad one as he plays the good one: he has just one expression (which is no expression at all). One of the most mediocre actors I know: insignificant phisically to boot: it is ridiculous watching him fight Brad Harris (who could make mincemeat out him with just his little finger).

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 06:24:28 AM »

OK instead of wasteing money on his dvd's i'll wait for the Movies4Men channel (which is fast becoming the UK SW Channel-well i can live in hope can't i Grin?) shows his stuff.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM