Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 03:42:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Film Locations (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the arch
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the arch  (Read 20667 times)
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 07:32:17 AM »

I think that would be an excellent idea, a great project, I am 100% behind this...only, and only if it could be done EXACTLY the same way it was. If it does not really look the same, then I would prefer to see the remains preserved as is. This is my humble opinion. And speaking about rebuilding the arch, as far as I know, Carlo Simi is still alive, he designed it. Is there any way someone can try to find him or contact him, who knows, maybe he still have the plans or something. That could be greatful, I don't know. 

From what year are you contacting us?From '99? Grin

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:17:08 AM by Tuco the ugly deer hunter » Logged
Denys
Bandido

Frank, you dirty son of a bitch

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 09:01:43 AM »

No need to be arrogant because I don't post often, Tuco. You may be an extraordinary member but I am there since 2003 and I am one of the biggest Leone fan. I was just trying to help about that project and I simply didn't know he passed away, that's all. That is also one of the reason I don't post often, people are often sarcastic and make other feel like dumb people, not specifically here, but on many forums. And you know what is a discussion forum? It's supposed to be a place where people SHARE A PASSION and information. You gave me an info but the way you did it is unacceptable. You have to treat people the same way as if they were in front of you and I hope you're not like this in real life!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:06:17 AM by Denys » Logged
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »

Asking Paramount for help would be a bad idea, as this was not initially a big moneymaker for the studio. It also recieved almost universal bad reviews in U.S. Thank God time has proved them wrong.

Yeah but the fabulous dvd we got about 5 years ago still shows they care about this film.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Man with no dame
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »

Oh, no doubt they care, Firecracker, but enough to re-invest money in what their bean counters would consider a cult movie? I don't know. They usually go for something they can re-market with tie ins, like Wizard of Oz or GWTW. I don't see them putting Jason Robards dolls on the shelf at Toys'rus.

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »

ANYONE FIND IT ON GOOGLE EARTH??

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 05:31:05 PM »

Oh, no doubt they care, Firecracker, but enough to re-invest money in what their bean counters would consider a cult movie? I don't know. They usually go for something they can re-market with tie ins, like Wizard of Oz or GWTW. I don't see them putting Jason Robards dolls on the shelf at Toys'rus.
Who said anything about asking them for money? I was talking about getting a letter saying the studio was down with the idea to show to the property owners. That way when we show up with bricks and mortar we won't look like just a bunch of fan boy jerks and no one will put in a panic call to 911.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Man with no dame
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 05:44:59 PM »

If thats all you want is a letter, I'm sure they'd give that up, but bricks and mortar cost mucho dinero.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 06:22:06 PM »

Which members on this board have already promised to pay toward. Which is good, cause it's the only way the thing will ever happen.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »

Hi Guys
Have been searching for a mail address for the Navajo nation the ones I can find do not seem to work, can some of you do some hunting for me then I can get the opening letter off.
Work is really got me on the ball and chain at present but this proposal will go ahead, I am also looking for Stonemasons or good brickwork builders in the area to get a quote from so mail addresses on these would be good, it would be nice to see what bucks this would cost.
I agree the rebuild needs to be as good as possible and as near as can be done to the original.

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »

I don't see them putting Jason Robards dolls on the shelf at Toys'rus.

Grin

kid in commercial: "Mommy! Mommy! You have to buy me the Jason Robards doll before it's sold out!!!"

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 04:12:09 PM »

Grin

kid in commercial: "Mommy! Mommy! You have to buy me the Jason Robards doll before it's sold out!!!"

Or you can pay extra for the talking version, with all the catch phrases like...

"Judas was content with 4,970 dollars less."

And

"He not only plays, he can shoot too."

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »

Or you can pay extra for the talking version, with all the catch phrases like...

"Judas was content with 4,970 dollars less."

And

"He not only plays, he can shoot too."

You forgot: "Play Harmonica! Play so you can't bullshit!"

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »

With my signature, I thought it was a given.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »

Have been searching for a mail address for the Navajo nation the ones I can find do not seem to work, can some of you do some hunting for me then I can get the opening letter off.
Work is really got me on the ball and chain at present but this proposal will go ahead, I am also looking for Stonemasons or good brickwork builders in the area to get a quote from so mail addresses on these would be good, it would be nice to see what bucks this would cost.
I agree the rebuild needs to be as good as possible and as near as can be done to the original.

PM Cusser he lives in Arizona and can help with that

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »

You forgot: "Play Harmonica! Play so you can't bullshit!"

And "Did you make coffee?" (I like this one for a reason mysterious even to me...)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM