Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 11:29:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  RANDOM REVIEWS OF GENRE CINEMA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RANDOM REVIEWS OF GENRE CINEMA  (Read 17813 times)
Man with no dame
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007, 10:33:33 AM »

Is SADISMO an aka for DELIRIUM? Then there's Lenzi's SPASMO then there's another italian giallo sex horror called ORGASMO. BLOODY PIT had Hargitay as the Crimson Executioner. He was much smaller here than when he played Hercules a few years earlier along with his wife in their sole movie together THE LOVES OF HERCULES aka HERCULES VS THE HYDRA.
I only knew it by Sadismo. Snuck in the theater and saw it when I was a kid. Hargitay did one I just picked up called Killer Nun with Anita Ekberg. Pretty good.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »

From Blue Underground right? I picked it up several times and put it back for later. Let me know how it is. I have a few nunsploitation movies.

Man with no dame
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »

From Blue Underground right? I picked it up several times and put it back for later. Let me know how it is. I have a few nunsploitation movies.
  It was better than usual 70's Eurotrash. Anita hadn't got superfat yet.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007, 11:04:24 AM »

What do you think of Rosalba Neri? I was going through many of my peplums looking through the credits sequences to see who was in some of these since I haven't seen these movies since I was a kid, and I found numerous peplums with Neri in them. Unlike her later horror and giallos, I doubt she gets naked in these.

Man with no dame
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2007, 11:12:32 AM »

What do you think of Rosalba Neri? I was going through many of my peplums looking through the credits sequences to see who was in some of these since I haven't seen these movies since I was a kid, and I found numerous peplums with Neri in them. Unlike her later horror and giallos, I doubt she gets naked in these.
  Oh, man, she's a hottie! Evil

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »

DEATHSTALKER- 1984

Rick Hill, Barbi Benton, Richard Brooker, Victor Bo

Gritty CONAN clone about a barbarian warrior who must find three items-the sword of justice, the amulet of light and the chalice of magic to destroy an evil magician who has usurped a kingdom and exiled the previous ruler. Deathstalker is hired out by the former king to destroy the wizard, free his kingdom and save his daughter (Barbi Benton). He gathers a band of rogues and fighters along the way.

A huge hit on video, DEATHSTALKER is a great party movie and the perfect drive-in flick. It's got everything--gory, over-the-top action, abundant nudity (nearly all the women are naked the duration of the film), sex, creatures, more gore and nudity and a very good low budget score. John Carl Buechler did the creature effects. They're not very effective but everything else makes up for this. Deathstalker is definitely not interested in long term relationships. During the opening of the film, some villains that look a bit like lepers attack a man and a woman he has kidnapped. 'Stalker shows up and kills them all including the man. He then goes over to the girl, feels her up and then proceeds to remove what little clothes she has on and has sex with her! He is interrupted by one of the kings men who wants him for the mission.

An old witch that watches over Stalker tells him about the 3 objects he must obtain and there whereabouts. The sword is hidden in a cave and the other two are in the evil wizard Munkar's possession. The sword is found in a cave guarded over by a tall ogre and a dwarf troll like creature that talks. He says that the sword can only be removed and taken from the cave by a young boy. For reasons not explained Stalker turns into a little boy after the troll touches the blade. The two exit the cave whereby Stalker reverts back to his former beefy self and the troll changes back into his human form. As long as Stalker has the sword in his hands, he will be invincible.

The scenes of gore are sometimes laced with black humor. The wizard has a small monster in a box that fancies eyeballs and fingers. Munkar will dip the fingers or orbs in a dip of the victims blood before feeding it to "little Howard".

Along the way, Stalker meets up with another swordsman played by stuntman Richard Booker. The two form an alliance until they reach the city where Munkar is holding a tournament where the winner will inherit Munkar's kingdom and riches. After more nudity and bloody violence, the group meet up with another sword fighter. This one turns out to be a woman (Lana Clarkson) who wears no top when she fights. Stalker takes time out from killing bad guys and resting to have sex with the gorgeous Clarkson.

Once the group has reached the city, the other combatants are introduced in a well staged but blackly comical orgiastic brawl. One character is a pig-man. He pounds away on another big guy even though it hurts his fist. The half man, half pig grabs the nearest person and tears away his arm then beating the hell out of his opponent with the severed limb.

Seeing Stalker amidst the gladiators, Munkar devises a plan where he will turn his henchman into the kings daughter (yes, transform the man into a woman) and send him into Stalkers room to kill him. The plan does not work of course. Then Munkar pays off Stalker's friend played by Booker to kill him and steal the sword. This, too, fails.

Eventually, all the gladiators are dead save for Stalker and the giant pig-man. Stalker defeats him then goes after Munkar and his men. At the end, Stalker retrieves the 3 objects as the angry peasants attack the now powerless Munkar and draw-and-quarter him in spectacularly gory fashion. The final moments are a bit confusing. When Stalker brings the 3 objects together, it appears he, too, has been destroyed or become a God.

This film would be such a success, that three sequels followed. Hill reprised the role in the dismal DEATHSTALKER 4: MATCH OF THE TITANS. DEATHSTALKER 2 would feature soap star John Terlesky as the warrior only this time, the film was played more for laughs. The abundant nudity remained. DEATHSTALKER had much footage removed from it mostly dialog and these scenes seemed more like rehearsal shots so their removal do not hurt the film at all. A very good beer and pizza party movie. One of the best bad movies out there, a lot of it doesn't make sense but that doesn't hinder ones enjoyment of the film as there are so many things going on such as the near endless parade of nude women on display.

Star Hill would go on to a decent career in low budget action films and on numerous tv shows. I remember seeing him on CHEERS once playing a swedish athlete who couldn't speak much english.

Stunt man Richard Brooker would play Jason in part 3-D.

Barbi Benton was famous for Playboy and the tv show HEE HAW.

Actress Lana Clarkson, whose role was so popular here that she got her own series of films entitled BARBARIAN QUEEN. Clarkson also had a long career in television until 2004 when her boyfriend Phil Spector murdered her just when her exploitation career was about to be re-launched.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:15:55 PM by Arizona Colt » Logged

Man with no dame
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2007, 01:33:27 PM »

There's a chick that I used to know down here in Florida that was Lana Clarkson and Sandahl Bergman's stunt double. She also played Red Sonya at Universal Tours. Like Barbi Benton. Afro

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2007, 01:38:38 PM »

Have you seen HUNDRA? Absolutely great film and in some respects better than CONAN. After watching the doc on the DVD I found out director Matt Cimber used many of the same costumes and sets from CONAN. When they arrived in Madrid the producer purchased them and used them in the film. Also Cimber had a brief working relationship with Sergio Leone while directing ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA. After seeing a reel of HUNDRA, Leone set up an appointment for Cimber to meet Morricone. Morricone liked it a lot saying only two words--"Comic Book". He used Verdi as the base for the score and its one of his best. You should hear it. Critic roger Ebert said that HUndra had the most exciting and bombastic opening to any movie he had ever seen (at that time).

Man with no dame
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »

Maybe Jayne Mansfield wore him out? Evil

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »

Jayne Mansfield? In HUNDRA? Laurene Landon from ALL THE MARBLES was Hundra. She was also approached by Schwarzenegger and de Laurentiis to be RED SONJA but they felt it would be too similar to the earlier movie.

Man with no dame
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2007, 02:26:47 PM »

Jayne Mansfield? In HUNDRA? Laurene Landon from ALL THE MARBLES was Hundra. She was also approached by Schwarzenegger and de Laurentiis to be RED SONJA but they felt it would be too similar to the earlier movie.
   haHaHa I posted that in the wrong thread. That was a reply to the Mickey Hagirty post! Sorry! Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM