Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 06:13:44 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sartana, the Invincible Gunman (...e vennero in quattro per uccidere Sartana!)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sartana, the Invincible Gunman (...e vennero in quattro per uccidere Sartana!)  (Read 3336 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064275/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/4_per_sartana.htm

Thomas Simmons at IMDB and italian db are at odds on this. The italian site dubs it as one of the best Fidani's (which maybe it is) and as pleasing, well made, never boring rhythm. I've seen the same movie as Thomas Simmons and still... Well, the finale shows that there was genius in Fidani. Or maybe he had just a great dose of nerve, which unfortunately he didn't care to show with less rarity. There is a theard here about the greatest western duels: well, the one in the finale belongs there. For bad or good, it is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! and makes the vision of this boring movie absolutely mandatory.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 02:38:09 AM »

Apparently according to the unfallible  Grin Thomas Weisser this was a re-release from 1966.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 04:04:23 PM »

The original title being?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »

The original English title was FOUR CAME TO KILL SARTANA  and for its "comeback" it was renamed BEYOND THE FRONTIERS OF HATE.

Weisser doesn't mention how SARTANA,THE INVISIBLE GUNMAN figures in the equation so maybe thats a video title?

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 05:15:04 PM »

I didn't include in the title of the thread the literal translated title FOUR CAME TO KILL SARTANA  because I presumed it was the international title or american release title and preferred the other given at IMDB as I thought it must have been the most recent or the video title. Anyway, the Fidani movie was made in late '60's, as far as I can judge. And anyway it earned its visa in Italy in 1969.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM