Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:05:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Righteous Kill (2008)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Righteous Kill (2008)  (Read 9592 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »

For the first time since "Heat", Al Pacino and Robert De Niro will be starring together in the same film. This is exciting. Anyway, here's the article...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070517p.php

Here's the Promo Trailer!

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=21384

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 11:08:00 AM by TucumcariBound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:28:54 AM »

That is interesting.  I like Al Pacino.  But I thought that Robert De Niro's performance was better in Heat.  In the few scenes they shared and throughout the film.  I hope Pacino will deliver a less "over the top" performance.  On the other side, I hope an intense performance by Pacino will challenge De Niro to come back to form.  Hopefully the script will be outstanding and the director will be up to the challenge as well.  

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 11:32:31 AM »

That is interesting.  I like Al Pacino.  But I thought that Robert De Niro's performance was better in Heat.  In the few scenes they shared and throughout the film.  I hope Pacino will deliver a less "over the top" performance.  On the other side, I hope an intense performance by Pacino will challenge De Niro to come back to form.  Hopefully the script will be outstanding and the director will be up to the challenge as well.  

See I highly disagree with people who say that Al Pacino's performance in "Heat" was over the top. I just don't see it. That was the point of his character. His character was high strung, over-worked, and burnt out. I think his acting was perfect in my opinion. He has such strong screen presence and it shows in "Heat".

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 11:45:26 AM »

I've seen Heat a couple of times.   Has been a while.  I understand what you're saying.  Guess I thought that his depiction of a similar type of character (high strung, on edge, maybe feeling trapped) was so much better in Dog Day Afternoon.  His performance combined better moments of introspection, restraint and outbursts.  I know after my first viewing, when I thought about the film, it was De Niro's performance I thought about.  I'd like to return to both films actually.  Think I liked Pacino in Glengary GlennRoss much better than Heat.  

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:43:32 PM by Noodles_SlowStir » Logged

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »

I've seen Heat a couple of times.   Has been a while.  I understand what you're saying.  Guess I thought that his depiction of a similar type of character (high strung, on edge, maybe feeling trapped) was so much better in Dog Day Afternoon.  His performance combined better moments of introspection, restraint and outbursts.  I know after my first viewing, when I thought about the film, it was De Niro's performance I thought about.  I'd like to return to both films actually.  Think I liked Pacino in Glengary GlennRoss much better than Heat.  

Oh yeah, I respect your opinion. I am just saying, I didn't feel he over-acted in "Heat" but you're not the only one who has said this. I just thought it fit his character well. He was also fantastic as you said in Glengary Glenn Ross. Great performance right there.

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »

No problem, Tuc.  I didn't take exception at all.  Actually we agree on a lot......I like Pacino, De Niro and also Michael Mann.
I was thinking after that last post, I like the performance in Insomnia which is a more similar character than GlenGarry GlenRoss.  Glengarry GlennRoss and Heat were around the same time within 3 or 4 years of each other.  Thank you very much for your post.  I didn't see that announcement in the news until you pointed it out.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:19:59 PM by Noodles_SlowStir » Logged

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »

No problem, Tuc.  I didn't take exception at all.  Actually we agree on a lot......I like Pacino, De Niro and also Michael Mann.
I was thinking after that last post, I like the performance in Insomnia which is a more similar character than GlenGarry GlenRoss.  Glengary GlennRoss and Heat were around the same time within 3 or 4 years of each other.  Thank you very much for your post.  I didn't see that announcement in the news until you pointed it out.

Thanks Noodles, I'm glad you didn't take offense to that because putting your opinion down wasn't my intentions as you know! Afro We do seem to agree a lot though which is always a plus. I love your signature picture by the way. What a beauty Debrah is!!! Anyway, about Insomnia, I personally think this movie is underrated when Pacino fans talk about his favorite films. The movie is fantastic and Al really shined in my opinion.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 04:01:39 PM »

As much as i like it does anyone else think that Heat was too slow paced and overlong.I also thought the music was very 80's ie crap.
But out of the two De Niro came out on top for me.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »

I really love how a movie with a budget of 60 million is being touted as an indie flick... I actually laughed when I read 60 million, the first story I read was on IMDB and a few other places, all of which said it was an indie film. this is ridiculous... although I really do want to see deniro and pacino in the same movie, indie or not, but I can't believe they are actually trying to play it off as some small picture.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

As much as i like it does anyone else think that Heat was too slow paced and overlong.I also thought the music was very 80's ie crap.
But out of the two De Niro came out on top for me.

Definitely not. It was the perfect story telling. Great direction, outstanding character development, fantastic acting, and the score was one of the music was one of the popular things about the movie. Heat's a masterpiece in my opinion.

Nakadai
Bandido

We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 05:48:19 PM »

Loved Heat, but sadly both of these two have only done a hand full of films of interest since... Hopefully this film marks the break in a the trend.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 08:46:37 PM »

For the first time since "Heat", Al Pacino and Robert De Niro will be starring together in the same film. This is exciting. Anyway, here's the article...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070517p.php

here it is my first HOO HA Cool

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »

I really love how a movie with a budget of 60 million is being touted as an indie flick... I actually laughed when I read 60 million, the first story I read was on IMDB and a few other places, all of which said it was an indie film. this is ridiculous... although I really do want to see deniro and pacino in the same movie, indie or not, but I can't believe they are actually trying to play it off as some small picture.

60 million is rediculous, I mean really rediculous. It isn't an Indie flick if you obey the film school taught definition. When I told people who are 'in the know' as it where we couldn't believe it.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 04:42:56 PM »

the score was one of the music was one of the popular things about the movie.

Oh dear,i couldn't stand all that stop 'n' start percussive stuff.I'd need to watch it again to remind me of the rest but with the pacing its a real marathon staying awake for that long. Smiley

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »

Oh dear,i couldn't stand all that stop 'n' start percussive stuff.I'd need to watch it again to remind me of the rest but with the pacing its a real marathon staying awake for that long. Smiley

Oh, I didn't realize what you quoted was mixed up. What I ment to say was the score was one of the most popular things about the movie. You got what I was saying though. hahaha, Hey it's just a matter of opinion. I'm not knocking ya. I just love that movie so much.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM