Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 02:05:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cjamango(1967)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cjamango(1967)  (Read 2461 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:53:56 AM »

Watched this new one yesterday,directed by Edoardo Mulargia,and its about a gunslinger(Cjamango) who has his gold stolen at a gambling table and subsequently becomes involved between two rival gangs of bandits in an effort to get it back which reminded me very much of FOD especially as early on Eastwood lookalike Cjamango(played by Sean Todd) was even sporting a poncho and later on a sort of leather poncho like overcoat.Anyway the gold inevitably swaps hands at various stages,the action scenes are great plus theres the odd violent scene thats quite unique.

My rating,a recommended 8 out of 10 Afro

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:37:15 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165688/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/cjamango.htm

It seems like opinions are at variance on this. At italian SWDB it is lambasted, at IMDB praised like Banjo did here. I go with my countrymen: this movie has a very good start, then it becomes boring no end, plot turns are diluted and unoriginal,  just a going back and forth between Lulli and Lorenzon sides. Well, actually there is one piece of it and is when the boy is tied with dynamite and the fuse lit so that Lulli can extort from Ivan Rassimov the information about where he has hidden the gold. The boy (credited as Giusva: Giuseppe Valerio Fioravanti) invokes "Don't let me die". Ten or so years later, having become a fascist terrorist, he will demonstrate he didn't really mean it, as he'll start killing policemen and putting bombs which will cause incredible carnages. Hélene Chanel has beautiful eyes but I don't think she ever looked worse than here. Music forget it. This gets 5\10 only for the initial sequence.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:39:12 PM by titoli » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM