Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 07:07:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  New Fistful DVD?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Fistful DVD?  (Read 5057 times)
Tucster
Road Apple

I hope your mother ends up in a $2 whorehouse!

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2004, 08:52:22 AM »

Any word on new Special Edition DVDs for Fistful and/or For a Few Dollars More?

It's no joke...it's a rope!
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 12:05:04 PM »

I don't think anyone's mentioned it on this board yet.  
I'd love to hear Ramon and the other Rojo brothers give the audio commentary, "The Baxters were filthy pigs, we never talked to them on the set.  And that whiny Baby Jesus, we all wanted to kill him."

GBU is getting the good treatment first this spring.  Then they'll probably roll out a CE for FOD and FAFDM in the next couple years.  After that will come the boxed set Clint Eastwood spaghettis, then the box set complete Leone collection.  Then after that the director's cut boxed set special edition, ad infinitum....I don't care, I'll buy em all.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 12:50:43 AM »

general, you struck a nerve bringing up the snielving lil' baby jesus.   IMDB has "jesus" listed as fredy arco..........
i can hear it it now CUT ! oh fredy, can you be a bit more irritating ? o.k./.... roll em. TAKE 445 !

i was under the impression "jesus" was played by leone's own son. if so did leone credit his son as "fredy arco" just as he had assumed the name of "bob robertson ?

i would pay what ever amount of dollars if i could just see FOD, DVD out takes so i could get some sort of insight of how leone worked.

one last item: estaban's sombraro vs. the baxter son that was hugged then slapped by consuelo baxter. his
hat also. not very threatning as say joe's. while estaban's sombrero looked like it was a roger corman loaner.

i love this section of the board. it deserves more attention.  i'm waiting for the mario braga box set.  Grin

« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 01:03:57 AM by KERMIT » Logged
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 04:13:29 AM »

Ohhhhh, that Baby Jesus again  Angry  Tell him I want to live in peace, understand?  That it's no use to go on tormenting me!

One of the underrated virtues of the Dollars Trilogy is how FUNNY they were.  Really subversive, nasty tongue-in-cheek humor in them.  Brega was indispensable, he could make you laugh even while he was squeezing out your eyeballs.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 06:21:05 AM »

GBU is getting the good treatment first this spring.  Then they'll probably roll out a CE for FOD and FAFDM in the next couple years.  After that will come the boxed set Clint Eastwood spaghettis, then the box set complete Leone collection.  Then after that the director's cut boxed set special edition, ad infinitum....I don't care, I'll buy em all.

Grin Then you'll have to flog it all. When the new format comes out.
Because you can get movies on little credit cards now circa:2015.  Wink

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 03:41:01 AM »

I re-watched the first two film of the trilogy yesterday (warming up to the GBU-dvd), and I had completely forgotten just how annoying (although hilarious) little Jesus was. I wonder how annoying he is with the original italian audio.

One question though: Is Martin a common name in Mexico? It is in Norway, but it really seems out of place in this film: Esteban, Ramon, Jesus, Julio, and Martin...

« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 03:41:34 AM by Nobody » Logged

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 07:50:36 AM »

I re-watched the first two film of the trilogy yesterday (warming up to the GBU-dvd), and I had completely forgotten just how annoying (although hilarious) little Jesus was. I wonder how annoying he is with the original italian audio.

One question though: Is Martin a common name in Mexico? It is in Norway, but it really seems out of place in this film: Esteban, Ramon, Jesus, Julio, and Martin...

Si, Martin is muy popular name in Mexico - Saint Martin (San Martin) is the patron saint of whiners.

Nobody, after watching FOD again - did you better appreciate the sublime performances of Don Miguel and Esteban?

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 01:04:53 AM »

Yes I did, especially Don Miguel. Poor guy.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
hailclinteastwood
Chicken Thief

fastest draw in scotland

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 05:56:39 AM »

it'd be cool if they released all of the dollors films on special edition DVD, i'd buy them anyways

mortimerforever
Gunslinger

when you have to shoot shoot don''''t talk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 03:15:08 PM »

About who could appear in the commentary and Documentary these are the people I know are still alive.

Clint Eastwood
Marianne Koch
Sieghardt Rupp[Esteban]
Margherita Lozano[Consuelo]
Aldo Sambrell

Antonio Baxter, Don Miguel and Julio I'm not sure about.

When a man with a 45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with the pistol will be a dead man.

tuco ramirez number01 fan.
''''''''two kinds of spurs my friend.''''''''
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM