Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:34:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your favourite character in the film?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Who is your favourite character in OUATITW?
Harmonica   -16 (34.8%)
Frank   -8 (17.4%)
Cheyenne   -16 (34.8%)
Jill   -4 (8.7%)
Morton   -0 (0%)
Wobbles   -1 (2.2%)
Brett McBain   -0 (0%)
Someone else   -1 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Your favourite character in the film?  (Read 12200 times)
Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2002, 03:43:53 AM »

This movie is full of fantastic and versatile characters.Which one of them is your favourite?

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 12:00:22 PM »

I voted for Cheyenne; by the way, I never realized that he was supposed to be Hispanic until I read it in one of the books (can't remember first name, last name Gutierrez or similar).  When I last looked, though, he used a Mexican saddle on his horse.  Lionel Stander did a good job in his bit part.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 05:56:11 AM »

I never realized he was Hispanic,either.It is said in Porfessor Frayling's book that his whole name is Manuel 'Cheyenne' Gutierrez.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2002, 09:45:56 AM »

Of course, I also never realized (when I was younger) that the "kid" in the Magnificent Seven (maybe because he was played by Horst Bucholz) was supposed to be Hispanic, from his looks, but Chris does make references to it.  I guess at that age I naively expected all Hispanics to look like Tuco....I guess we all learn.

jouissance
Bandido

in the beginning there was light

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 02:50:59 PM »

Much like Tuco, Cheyenne definitely offers the film’s needed comic relief, making for several great moments. Not to mention, he’s one bad-muther, as is Tuco.

Nevertheless, I would have to say Harmonica is my favorite. I favor him due to his incorruptible self. Money, status, land, a woman cannot buy his soul. That isn’t to say he would like those things…but Harmonica is driven by revenge (to rid the world of Frank). There is also an intensity to Harmonica that none of the other characters have. Think about it, the only name (Harmonica) by which he is identified is intimately linked to his brother’s killer. Talk about a torturous life but I think the Harmonica is what continually kept him focused on his mission-avenge his brother’s death and in someway deal with the guilt of not being strong enough to hold his brother up...

Harmonica is pretty cool!

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 11:46:45 AM »

Oh,the "kid" was supposed to be Hispanic.I didn't know that.Thanks for telling that to me.

Jill McBain
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2003, 08:59:47 AM »

Jill... Kiss Kiss What a woman!!

and Morton... I don't know why... I like how he look at the Ocean...

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2003, 01:51:13 PM »

Yeah, the "kid" has hispanic origins, whithout any doubt, and also indian origins.

It must be someone from the old Texas or California.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
TBPJMR
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2003, 03:46:41 AM »

Cheyenne gets my vote. He's one of my favourite charachters in Leone's films. I don't think he's a picaresque one like, for example, Tuco and Miranda although he's a tough outlaw... he's very keen, also clever and... in love with Jill (I can understand him! Wink)

So this is my childish comment: if I were an outlaw in the wild west, I would have been just like Cheyenne  Lips Sealed

Bye and bye

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2003, 06:26:35 AM »

Of the minor characters I kind of liked the very uncouth Lionel Stander, He really "appreciated" his first view of beautiful Jill. If you let your libido run wild you'd see where he was comming from.  Grin

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
mono
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2003, 07:06:33 AM »

Of course, I also never realized (when I was younger) that the "kid" in the Magnificent Seven (maybe because he was played by Horst Bucholz) was supposed to be Hispanic, from his looks, but Chris does make references to it.  I guess at that age I naively expected all Hispanics to look like Tuco....I guess we all learn.
well, "the kid" was a farmer - so i was thinking he was supposed to be a hispanic farmer. i didn't see any reason for a foreign farmer to come to poor Mexico showed in the movie.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2003, 05:51:23 AM »

Yes,of course.Good point,Mono.

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2003, 01:50:38 PM »

The interesting thing is that Eli Wallach, without being hispanic, looks perfectly like one.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2003, 04:23:29 PM »

Of the minor characters I kind of liked the very uncouth Lionel Stander, He really "appreciated" his first view of beautiful Jill. If you let your libido run wild you'd see where he was comming from.  Grin

LOL THAT was a great scene!  Now what can I do for you, ma'am?  Grin

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2003, 04:29:38 PM »

I'm kinda surprised that I'm only one who voted for Jill . . . I love all the male characters, don't get me wrong, but I have no favorite.  If I HAD to pick of them, it would be Frank, but I like Jill for obvious reasons, considering I'm a male.  Kiss  I do admire her character (and Cardinale's a great actress, something confirmed after my viewing of "The Leopard"), but . . . oh, I've put myself in an uncomfortable position.  I'll shut up.  Embarrassed

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM