Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 05:58:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Little Rita Of The West(1967)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Rita Of The West(1967)  (Read 5705 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2007, 07:50:26 AM »

Heres Arizona Colts review:-

I won't even recommend RITA OF THE WEST except to die hard aficianados of italian cinema as it's one of a handful of films I can say is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. I found the parts that didn't involve singing to be quite humorous and many famous actors are present like Gordon Mitchell and Kirk Morris who plays Ringo and the character of Django is also present. Terence Hill and Fernando Sancho also star. The animated opening credits are funny as is much of the comedy particularly when Rita and her piano playing partner are captured by Fernando Sancho and his bandits. The dance numbers are all outrageous and some are quite well done although towards the end it all becomes a bit tiresome. If you do see it you won't forget it!

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »

As said above, there are scenes you won't forget lke Rita singing a slow tune in the dark at the Indian village and a few Indian couples dancing cheek to cheek. Also, the rhythm 'n' blues number sung by Lucio Dalla with Rita while Lorenzon is dying: had there been more of these instead of run of the mill songs we could hail a masterpiece. And not only the initial cartoon, but the final one come as surprise. They spent time on this and it shows, though the movie is 20 minutes too long. Still I give it 7\10 and, maybe, apart from some of the Spencer and Hill and MNIN, is the best comedy SW. The italian dvd has english audio.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

I watched this in Rome with titoli, its pretty much indescribable, you have to see it to get the full absurdity of it all, the slow dancing Indians as titoli mentioned is classic, other highlights are the chief using a golf club for a ritualistic staff, the technicolor war bonnets, and tipis that look like triangular pieces of cloth held up by a tripod this film has it all. It is way too long but its good for laughs none the less.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-v7_SkhF88&feature=related

Funny video. Gemma announces his next movie for Xmas: "And for a Roof A Sky full of stars".

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM