Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 07:02:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Fasthand aka Mi chiamavano 'Requiescat'... ma avevano sbagliato (1972)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fasthand aka Mi chiamavano 'Requiescat'... ma avevano sbagliato (1972)  (Read 2334 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:35:03 AM »

I enjoyed this sw and here's Arizona Colts review:-

FAST HAND I thought was a comedy hence the TRINITY styled moniker but boy was I mistaken! Alan Steel of HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN plays the hero and William Berger plays one of the nastiest downright evil bastards I've seen in a western. The film starts off at the end of the civil war but Berger, a confederate, refuses to let it end. He takes over a Union fort and waits for Captain Jeff Madison to return. He is eventually captured and tortured having his shooting hand shot several times among other things. He is left to die tied to two stakes. Berger then goes around with his gang massacreing any and everybody they come into contact with. Ultimately, Madison survives to seek his revenge with a little help from an old man who also fought for the Union. The film slows down during the middle section but picks up steam during the final 20 minutes when Madison reveals a special weapon for his "useless" gunhand. The only downside to this otherwise good actioner is a character that is introduced towards the end that adds nothing to the narrative, a jazz style soundtrack that seems out of place and Berger firing off what seems like 20 bullets in the middle of the street to lure out Madison. One of the grittiest westerns out there, the quality is good on this widescreen disc.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM