Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 08:46:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Circle
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Circle  (Read 2551 times)
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2003, 06:23:38 AM »

OUATIA is in fact a never-ending story.Immediately after the famous smile of Noodles you could see Eve entering her apartment and you could hear "God Bless America " also sung by David Bailey and his rich friends in 1968.

End and beginning are perfectly pasted, mixed and perfumed by Opium smoke.This film is a  circle.A ring of Moebius where we are on the two sides in the same time.

So Sergio was also perfectly free to cut the ring where he wanted: after the garbage, after the meeting with Deborah 'son, after in fact every scenes:  the circle allows that the beginning be placed immediately after the end. .

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
guybrush
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 08:52:26 AM »

End and beginning are perfectly pasted, mixed and perfumed by Opium smoke.This film is a  circle.A ring of Moebius where we are on the two sides in the same time.

So Sergio was also perfectly free to cut the ring where he wanted: after the garbage, after the meeting with Deborah 'son, after in fact every scenes:  the circle allows that the beginning be placed immediately after the end. .

...what a wonderful image...
I had never conceived the movie as just one of many possible 'cuts in a circle', have to admit I was perfectly satisfied with the poetry I was able to grasp with the 'cut' we all know.
But now, who knows, maybe a different cut would have allowed even more poetry to rise from the story...

...by the way, Aaronson, I'm really happy to read you again in this forum...

« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 08:53:10 AM by guybrush » Logged

Thank God I'm an atheist
---
“What have you done all this time?”
“Going to bed early.”
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 05:33:39 AM »

Thanks Guybrush, I'm very happy to come back and read your quotes. You, Kerm, Cigar Joe, Il Buono  and all the bunch are part of my life now.
September is a great month : OUATIA dvd collector is available in France and I bought it, , OUATIW is annouced for next week .

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
KERMIT
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 11:19:39 AM »

iornies, virtues & common vices orbit.

civil war @ full thrust w/ $200.00 in gold coins to be had.

GB&U coming before FOD.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 11:53:24 AM by KERMIT » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM