Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 02:34:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What's the greatest Western by decade?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the greatest Western by decade?  (Read 12044 times)
Man with no dame
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »

Unforgiven blows away the made for tv like Tombstone. I like Tombstone however.
  That's taking a firm position, Tuc, blowing away Tombstone, than liking it. How does that work? Shocked Shocked

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007, 12:44:00 AM »

That's taking a firm position, Tuc, blowing away Tombstone, than liking it. How does that work? Shocked Shocked

I'm just making a comparison. Tombstone compared to Unforgiven is a TV made western. haha. Many people on this board don't like Unforgiven like I do, and it's still surprising to me. It has one of the greatest build ups to one of the greatest endings ever!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Man with no dame
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007, 04:24:28 AM »

I'm just making a comparison. Tombstone compared to Unforgiven is a TV made western. haha. Many people on this board don't like Unforgiven like I do, and it's still surprising to me. It has one of the greatest build ups to one of the greatest endings ever!
  I thought Tombstone harkened back to the pre-Leone big picture westerns of the 50's, myself. It's production values were way too sumptuous to be compared to a TV movie. Unforgiven was spare and resembled a Leone. Tombstone had a great ensemble cast you'd never find on TV.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2007, 10:25:11 AM »

I thought Tombstone harkened back to the pre-Leone big picture westerns of the 50's, myself. It's production values were way too sumptuous to be compared to a TV movie. Unforgiven was spare and resembled a Leone. Tombstone had a great ensemble cast you'd never find on TV.

I love Tombstone, I just love Unforgiven a bit more. I only wished Robert Mitchum made an appearence in there the way he was supposed to. He fell off a horse while shooting and injured himself. He did a great nararation though.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2007, 10:30:37 AM »

I thought Tombstone was a great movie myself. I couldn't believe how historically accurate it was.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »

I didn't like Tombstone very much.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2007, 10:52:16 AM »

I didn't like Tombstone very much.

Really?

Wow.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 11:03:14 AM »

Really?

Wow.

I'm not surprised there. Some people just do not like this film for many reasons.

Man with no dame
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 05:40:49 PM »

I'm not surprised there. Some people just do not like this film for many reasons.
   Probably because Billy Bob Thornton was chubby in it. Grin

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2007, 06:26:12 PM »

I thought the hats in Tombstone were kind of wierd, like preacher hats, sort of right out of the hat box, you'd have to take them off with two hands by the brim to keep the top rounded no?, normaly you'd pinch the crown to remove a hat so that you'd not muss up your hair, lol.

I also that Dennis Quaid in Wyatt Earp bit a good job of depicting Holiday.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »

I thought the hats in Tombstone were kind of wierd, like preacher hats, sort of right out of the hat box, you'd have to take them off with two hands by the brim to keep the top rounded no?, normaly you'd pinch the crown to remove a hat so that you'd not muss up your hair, lol.

I also that Dennis Quaid in Wyatt Earp bit a good job of depicting Holiday.

Yeah, I actually prefer Wyatt Earp to Tombstone as I think you do cigar joe?

Man with no dame
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »

Yeah, I actually prefer Wyatt Earp to Tombstone as I think you do cigar joe?
  Hey, guess what I'm watching as we speak?! Tombstone! And it's still great! And Kurt Russell still rocks! And Kilmer still rocks! HMMMMMM!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2007, 10:41:24 PM »

Yes, they surely do rock! Afro

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2007, 05:12:19 AM »

I actually think WE could have been cut down abit, Tombstone is paced abit better but the "hats" look goofy.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Man with no dame
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2007, 06:34:19 AM »

I actually think WE could have been cut down abit, Tombstone is paced abit better but the "hats" look goofy.
   Coulda been worse, Cigar, they coulda worn Bowlers. Shocked

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM