Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:42:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the way back to town is only 70 miles???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the way back to town is only 70 miles???  (Read 3195 times)
sadhill
Bandido

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2003, 06:43:47 PM »

I never understood this, does Blondie mean the same town they just came from (where he saved tuco) or another town? If its the same town how is Tuco still tied up with the noose around his neck after 70 miles on horseback...how many hours would that be?? Is Blondie ferring to another town, since Tuco wouldn' t be welcome in the one he was just hanged.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 09:10:42 PM »

A good days ride! 7-8 hours, at least, a bit implausible, Blondie must be speaking about another town, and this turns out to be the case since Tuco shows up in what looks like a semi-ghost town.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2003, 12:20:27 PM »

A good days ride! 7-8 hours, at least, a bit implausible, Blondie must be speaking about another town, and this turns out to be the case since Tuco shows up in what looks like a semi-ghost town.

Is it possible, do you think, that it could be the same town - but it has been evacuated since they left due to Rebel or Union shelling?

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 07:44:40 PM »

Possible but not probable, if I remember right didn't the streets have lots of tumbleweeds?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Man with no dame
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:55:52 AM »

If you have good legs, and don't succumb to heat stroke, you could walk 6-7 miles in an hour. It would be to your advantage, of course to do it at night. I used to live in desert area, and had occasional vehicle breakdowns, so I know of what I speak.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »

Possible but not probable, if I remember right didn't the streets have lots of tumbleweeds?

No it isn't the same town. The town where Tuco was hanged had a square. This town Tuco bumbles into, after his walk in the desert, is just a straight street.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM