Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2022, 05:27:39 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Elizabeth McGovern 2003 Interview
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Elizabeth McGovern 2003 Interview  ( 12803 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #15 : June 04, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »

She reminds me of another great actress of that era(not looks or anything)  Jenny Aguter, who was in lots of great films, for big directors. She never really is remembered like she should be.
Well, if you've ever seen Walkabout you can never forget her. She does a nude scene, and I think she was only 14 at the time. Impossible to do that kind of thing these days.....

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

« #16 : June 05, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

Walkabout is a beautiful film.  Jenny Agutter was quite beautiful in it.  She was born Dec 1952.  The film came out in 1971, so she was probably somewhere between 17 or 18 when the film was in production.  She was definitely playing younger.  The scene of her swimming is quite memorable.  Really nice score by John Barry.

« : June 05, 2007, 02:29:59 PM Noodles_SlowStir »
Man with no dame

« #17 : June 05, 2007, 05:49:47 PM »

Sweet William is another good film of her's.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #18 : June 05, 2007, 08:23:40 PM »

thanks for the interview

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #19 : June 14, 2007, 07:33:47 PM »

I wish McGovern did more work. She's a great actress with an extraordinary look in my opinion.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #20 : June 15, 2007, 03:18:06 PM »

Well, if you've ever seen Walkabout you can never forget her.

I saw Jenny Agutter just a couple of days ago. I was helping an ex-girlfriend install an exhibition of her work in an incredibally posh shop in the West end of London (The General Trading Store). Anyhoo, I walked out of the customer toilet and almost bumped right into a woman in a cardigan and jeans, shopping for stationary with a much older lady. Bugger me, it was Jenny herself.

I didn't say "hello" as it would have been a bit intrusive, but it was great to see her none the less. Apparently Pierce Brosnan had been in the shop too that morning, but I didn't spot him.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines