Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 02:50:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What do you less appreciate in leone's films ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you less appreciate in leone's films ?  (Read 4289 times)
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2003, 07:45:44 AM »

Hey friends, let's tell the truth. I'm sure that , even we LOVED   him, some manners and details always irritated you.

Be brave  and tell us what you don't like in Leone's films.

I begin: I don't like latin people playing wasp , is a weakness for the film and destroy the credibility: In OUTIW, Mac Bain never looks like a Scotsman but like my cousin disguised in red-hair scotsman. It's quite different.  Italian and Spanish people are perfect to play mexicanos (Volonte, Brega ..) but not Federal Officers, POW chief ... On the contrary Rod Steiger was not a credible Peon.Casting errors are what  I really dont' like.  

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 06:48:34 PM »

I agree to an extent, the casting could have been better (with a bigger budget probably) though some of the casting was either both lucky and or brilliant i.e. Wallach, Wallach palyed a much better and believable Mexican than Steiger.

I agree McBaine had to too much of an Mediterranian look. Native Americans also faired poorly in most Spaghetti Westerns. These are small flaws though.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 08:31:37 AM »

In OUTIW, Mac Bain never looks like a Scotsman but like my cousin disguised in red-hair scotsman.
WTF?! He's played by Frank Wolff (an American) and McBain's IRISH not Scottish!

aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 08:52:17 AM »

WTF?! He's played by Frank Wolff (an American) and McBain's IRISH not Scottish!

Ah,ah  very funny. Shame on me. It was not a good example.  Lips Sealed

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 07:54:58 PM »

Your kidding an american? Wolff huh? looks like he spent a little too much time in the sun or has a mediterranean ancestor in the wood pile no? Either that or he had a bad dye job for some reason his hair doesn't look like it goes naturally with his complexion.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 07:12:56 AM »

Either that or he had a bad dye job for some reason his hair doesn't look like it goes naturally with his complexion.
Well agreed his hair is dyed - as you would know if you'd seen the other western masterpiece of '68 (Il Grande Silenzio) - not that RED hair is an absolute necessity to be convincing as an Irish man.  I mean Coburn didn't dye his hair RED did he?! Roll Eyes

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 03:53:06 PM »

Your kidding an american? Wolff huh? looks like he spent a little too much time in the sun or has a mediterranean ancestor in the wood pile no? Either that or he had a bad dye job for some reason his hair doesn't look like it goes naturally with his complexion.

I assume Mr. Wolff was a blacklist victim, like Mickey Knox and Lionel Stander . . .   Undecided He was born in New York, from what I've read.  Not much info on him available though, but most of his films were Italian-made, so I think it's a possibility.

Saturday nights with Groggy
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »

I assume Mr. Wolff was a blacklist victim, like Mickey Knox and Lionel Stander . . .   Undecided

To Mr Wolff, with all my friendship

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM