Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:21:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Maureen McBain
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maureen McBain  (Read 3464 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2003, 08:48:55 AM »

OK, I agree that McBain (Frank Wolfe) to me looked fine as Irish.  My brothers and I referred to the McBains as the Farkel family (red heads from American TV at about that time), called it the Farkel family massacre, with Frank's men splattering freckles everywhere.  Now Maureen McBain: did that actress also play the red-headed daughter in Fiddler on the Roof?  I haven't seen that in decades, and was just wondering, because the filming periods were similar, and I figured someone here would know or would find out.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 04:06:38 PM »

OK, I agree that McBain (Frank Wolfe) to me looked fine as Irish.  My brothers and I referred to the McBains as the Farkel family (red heads from American TV at about that time), called it the Farkel family massacre, with Frank's men splattering freckles everywhere.  Now Maureen McBain: did that actress also play the red-headed daughter in Fiddler on the Roof?  I haven't seen that in decades, and was just wondering, because the filming periods were similar, and I figured someone here would know or would find out.

I don't think so.  According to Frayling, she's played by Simonetta Santienello (which makes sense, since an Enzo with the last surname plays Timmy), but on the IMDb, she's listed as costume designer Marilu Cartney.  I think that the first name is more plausible, but still, if you can figure out definitively which one she was then you may have your answer.

I have never seen "Fiddler on the Roof", but I'm pretty sure that Maureen was just an Italian girl with her hair dyed red (I don't know of too many red-haired Italians, do you?  Grin).  I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.  Tongue

« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 04:07:27 PM by The Cigarette-Smoking Man » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 05:18:36 PM »

Wrong, my friend, there are a lot of "barba rossa" Italians, in my family alone there were four, lol.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 06:48:56 AM »

Wrong, my friend, there are a lot of "barba rossa" Italians, in my family alone there were four, lol.

My mistake. Tongue

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 05:42:54 AM »

I think it all has "something to do with barbarians". lol

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM