Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 07:22:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Remake?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remake?  (Read 3278 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2003, 03:48:15 PM »

Okay, I KNOW beforehand pretty much nobody here would like to see this film remade (and by remade, I mean an actual remake, rather than "variations" on it), so I'm not going to ask that.  My question, however, is: do you think they will?  I wouldn't rule it out; after all remakes of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", "The Manchurian Candidate", and "The Wild Bunch" are in the works.  Nothing is sacred in Hollywood any more.  Angry I HOPE not, but I do think it's possible, unfortunately.

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 05:04:28 PM »

It would be crap I sure, look at how "Last Man Standing" turned out.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 06:27:57 AM »

Hollywood is a factory and a factory must run every day of the week: so adaptations, TV series , remakes are unfortunately  necessary.
Don't be afraid all recent remakes were absolutely fails; Psycho, Thomas Crown, Ripley, Rear Windows... Who is able to make a remake of OUATIW, OUATIA, even $ trilogy ?Warkoshky Brothers ?  

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 03:44:04 PM »

I think it could be done but not done well, at all. As you know the story is quite simple but 'everything' built around it is basically perfect or damn near. Handled by anyone less and it just wouldn't work and who could possibly be the leads? Not anyone in modern Hollywood. Plus westerns still seem not 'en vogue', even with Costner's marginal recent success.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 03:46:13 PM by Jayson Kennedy » Logged

(one of) moderator: www.dvdaficionado.com
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 04:06:27 PM »

I think it could be done but not done well, at all. As you know the story is quite simple but 'everything' built around it is basically perfect or damn near. Handled by anyone less and it just wouldn't work and who could possibly be the leads? Not anyone in modern Hollywood. Plus westerns still seem not 'en vogue', even with Costner's marginal recent success.

On the IMDb board for OUATITW there was a very long thread as to who should be who in a remake.  But I agree, pretty much nothing could work.  

Walter
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 09:34:53 AM »

On the IMDb board for OUATITW there was a very long thread as to who should be who in a remake.  But I agree, pretty much nothing could work.  

It would be fun as a musical comedy... Imagine, three men waiting for the train. They see nobody, but hears a lone harmonica. Then they turn as the whole orchestra fall in, just to see the platform turn to a huge stage and Robbie Williams gives a upbeat, step-dancing version of "Did you remember to bring me a nice horsie?"....

I must get back on medication.......  Shocked

Dying ain't much of a living, boy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 03:34:04 PM »

It would be fun as a musical comedy... Imagine, three men waiting for the train. They see nobody, but hears a lone harmonica. Then they turn as the whole orchestra fall in, just to see the platform turn to a huge stage and Robbie Williams gives a upbeat, step-dancing version of "Did you remember to bring me a nice horsie?"....

I must get back on medication.......  Shocked

Uh . . . no thanks.  Roll Eyes  Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM