Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:12:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Whats the rating?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whats the rating?  (Read 5582 times)
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »

Your friends are a dying breed then Peace.

I can't name one person, of my generation, in my area who would sit through it for more than 10 minutes.

They are.

Though me and Kyle went back the next day to see OUATIA and he hated that. He thought it was one of the most boring movies he ever saw.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 11:26:03 PM »

They are.

Though me and Kyle went back the next day to see OUATIA and he hated that. He thought it was one of the most boring movies he ever saw.

Your poor friend Peacemaker! Hopefully he sees the light someday. haha

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 03:34:20 AM »

I have a friend who borrowed both, DYS and OUATIA, from me at the same time. I was a bit worried about what he would think of them, even though I had shown GBU and OUATITW to him earlier. But it turned out that he liked DYS propably more than I did. And he had nothing to complain about OUATIA either. He borrowed other movies too at the same time and only one he didn't like was Raging Bull (in fact, that's not big surprise, if I think about it). Because he's not a film buff like I am but an "ordinary moviegoer" he wasn't as enthusiastic as I am about those films, but it really made my day to hear that he had liked them.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 09:25:06 AM »

Same thing with Kyle.

He's just an ordinary film-goer, which is why he liked DYS but hated OUATIA.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 11:38:45 AM »

It's hard to have a movie conversation with an "ordinary movie" goer. Sometimes those are the worst. They think they know what they're talking about. It's kind of funny listening to them tell you that The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly sucks. I'm like, mmmm ok, whatever you say. It's best not to get into it with them. You'll just argue for hours.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 11:50:38 AM »

That must have been that kind... that boy on art classes who was proud about the amount of films he had, but when I asked him if he had the Leone's films (that was at the time when I had seen only GBU), he said no and later said I was always asking for such obscure films (The others were Local Hero and Princess Bride for which I was asking because of the Mark Knopfler's scores.) ... but I think he might like them in the end if he saw them, maybe especially DYS. Even when at that time he was probably too young to see it. Grin

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM