Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 02:11:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Transformers (2007) Discussion Thread
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transformers (2007) Discussion Thread  (Read 5501 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »

I have to admit I'm kind of excited in seeing this from what I've seen so far in previews and the buzz I've been hearing from screenings of the film already.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

well to me it looks like it might be good it might not because of the director. Also i will be seriously pissed if they do not play the transformer theme song. Grin

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »

I don't know.

I have never liked the old series or it's many re-spawns, maybe because I was born about two years after it's premiere, or maybe it has to do with me never being the least bit interested in cars.

However the feature film caught my eye because it seems like the studios aren't actually thinking the Transformer's audience are still those 7 year olds that were glued to the tv watching cars transform into giant robots back in 1984.

It seems that they are actually delivering an adult (as adult as cars transforming into giant robots can get) movie for the, now, more mature original Tranformer fans of the 80's.

They aren't dumbing it down to appeal to the new generation of fans (unlike the Ninja Turtle disaster this past March) but are actually giving something that the older fans may actually be pleased with.

And I want to see how it turns out. So I may be watching it this coming july.

Now, if only they can exclude every seen Shia Labeouf appears in then I will be going to see it.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 09:24:16 PM »

Friends. I know some of you said you were not interested in seeing this but trust me, GO SEE IT! For the action genre, it's a masterpiece. What a thrill ride! I for one use to watch the cartoon when I was a little kid so I was interested in seeing this the first time I heard it was going to be made. The film passed all my expectations. This film produced the best special effects I have ever seen. It didn't look like CGI was used for the most part! That's how amazing they looked.

Michael Bay's direction really impressed me. I mean he's always had a knack for directing action. Yes many of his films lack SUBSTANCE but with this he did a great job. I can see why Spielberg backed him with this film.

If you wanna be thrilled for 2 plus hours than go see this ASAP! Trust me.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »

Yeah, I saw it with a bunch of friends before July 4th and enjoyed it. I never watched Transformers, so it was a bit odd to me. But I still liked it very much, the action scenes were done excellently.

Don't expect anything artsy, except the fantastic CGI effects, just take it for what it is and enjoy the ride.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 01:15:28 PM »

Yeah, I saw it with a bunch of friends before July 4th and enjoyed it. I never watched Transformers, so it was a bit odd to me. But I still liked it very much, the action scenes were done excellently.

Don't expect anything artsy, except the fantastic CGI effects, just take it for what it is and enjoy the ride.

Yeah, for an action movie, it's a whole lot of fun. I'm not praising it for it's substance obviously. I was just blown away at the special effects. Usually I hate CGI heavy films, but this is one film that has to have them and they were great.

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »

This was pretty good.  I thought the humour was bad though. I'm not a Republican but when they were making fun of Bush, it wasn't that funny, 'cause Ding Dongs taste good. The action was cool and the effects were great on the plus side.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »

This was pretty good.  I thought the humour was bad though. I'm not a Republican but when they were making fun of Bush, it wasn't that funny, 'cause Ding Dongs taste good. The action was cool and the effects were great on the plus side.

The Bush jokes are lame in every movie. Everyone wants to blame somebody for their problems so they blame Bush. If your cat or dog pisses on your rug, it must be Georgy's fault.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »

Nah, I always blame Firecracker.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 03:08:23 PM »

I blame the aliens.

EDIT: The kind from outer space, I mean.....

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »

The Bush jokes are lame in every movie. Everyone wants to blame somebody for their problems so they blame Bush. If your cat or dog pisses on your rug, it must be Georgy's fault.
Grin. Yeah, but I still don't like him just because I'm with him on this one...

BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »

I was gonna steer clear of this because I hate Michael Bay (though I loved The Rock and even liked Armageddon to an extent) but was eventually coerced into going to this with my sister and a friend. It actually felt less Bay-esque than any of his other films, but still managed to bore me to death. And the big CGI-fest in the last 45 minutes...am I the only one that has ceased to be amazed by special effects? Also, people are saying how Shia LaBeouf is such a great actor, not just in this but I've read reviews also citing Disturbia. I just don't see it. What's so special about him?

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 07:33:58 PM »

Also, people are saying how Shia LaBeouf is such a great actor, not just in this but I've read reviews also citing Disturbia. I just don't see it. What's so special about him?

Yeah I can't seem to find out either and thats whats probably going to suck about Indiana Jones 4:The Greatest Way To Milk A Franchise Undecided

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »

Shia's okay if you ask me. Not Robert de Niro or anything, but decent. I don't see the big deal either.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:24:55 PM »

Yeah I can't seem to find out either

He hurts every film he's in.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: