Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2018, 03:10:43 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Death Wish (1974)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Death Wish (1974)  ( 41 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : December 02, 2018, 09:22:06 AM »

I've just read the novel and was curious about what Garfield might have possibly found wrong about the movie.  Well, I can't say it. The movie follows the novel quite closely for more than a half, apart from some minor changes (like the clockwork orange attack which in the novel is barely hinted at). Then the subway scene ends up in the novel without Paul killing the hoodlums because it is too risky: but that it's my favourite scene of the movie. The police doesn't have so much room in the novel and they don't quite manage to get a line on Benjamin (the character's surname). But the finale in the novel is very different: Paul, after having killed three boys throwing rocks at a passing train for fun, while leaving the place is spotted by a cop who sees him with the gun still in his hand. The cop lets him pass. Is that a better finale? I don't know. And then: is Bronson the right lead? I mean, if a hoodlum looks at his face late at night it is probable it will be him getting scared. Anyway the novel gets a 9/10 and the movie a 8/10. I don't feel yet like watching the Willis. Or maybe I will(is).   

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : December 02, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »

I've just read the novel and was curious about what Garfield might have possibly found wrong about the movie.  Well, I can't say it. The movie follows the novel quite closely for more than a half, apart from some minor changes (like the clockwork orange attack which in the novel is barely hinted at). Then the subway scene ends up in the novel without Paul killing the hoodlums because it is too risky: but that it's my favourite scene of the movie. The police doesn't have so much room in the novel and they don't quite manage to get a line on Benjamin (the character's surname). But the finale in the novel is very different: Paul, after having killed three boys throwing rocks at a passing train for fun, while leaving the place is spotted by a cop who sees him with the gun still in his hand. The cop lets him pass. Is that a better finale? I don't know. And then: is Bronson the right lead? I mean, if a hoodlum looks at his face late at night it is probable it will be him getting scared. Anyway the novel gets a 9/10 and the movie a 8/10. I don't feel yet like watching the Willis. Or maybe I will(is).

I haven't either

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : Today at 01:52:07 PM »

Garfield wrote a follow-up to his novel:

It's good though the author can't decide between a regular thriller and a reflection on vigilante law and its consequences. It seems a movie of sorts was made from it. 7/10

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines