Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:05:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "The Best directed movie of all time"- Quentin Tarantino
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Best directed movie of all time"- Quentin Tarantino  (Read 21045 times)
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 11:06:54 PM »

I'd say that DYS and OUATIA are related works, both are masterpieces, both are more difficult to watch than the Westerns (and thus less re-watchable).

I very much agree with what you say here Dave.  Afro   After I watched DYS the first time, I did feel that it was the closest to OUATIA.  I really appreciated the depth of the characters and the depiction of the Juan/Sean relationship.  I thought the scenes in the grotto, the cattle car and the final scene between Coburn and Steiger were amazing.   I've come to appreciate all the films right down to FOD.  Still haven't seen COR.  I think for me, I like the last three the most.  Not sure if I'm ready to say in chronological order going backwards.  

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 11:54:41 PM »

You guy's were right. Quentin was reffering to TGTBATU when he said it's the best directed movie of all time. I read this on the back of the new Sergio Leone Anthology Box Set. Where it says it, they talk about A Fistfull of Dollars in the same sentence. I just mixed it up. I knew something wasn't quite right here. haha thanks for the heads up!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 05:04:43 AM »

The problem is now fixed!

What a great board...

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »

What a great board...

Definitely a great board noodles! Afro

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 06:13:38 AM »

Yes, good points, but I think you can say the same about OUATIA. Leone does not use a mythic approach with his gangsters, either, they are presented as real people in an historical setting. I'd say that DYS and OUATIA are related works, both are masterpieces, both are more difficult to watch than the Westerns (and thus less re-watchable).

I think you are absolutely right Dave.  Afro

What a great board...

Definitely a great board noodles! Afro

Afro Afro Afro

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 08:41:44 PM »

I think this thread maybe should be put in it's proper place on the GBU board, what do you think?

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »

I think this thread maybe should be put in it's proper place on the GBU board, what do you think?

Why? I mean i agree that this is 'The best directed movie of all time' to an extent Afro

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »

Why? I mean i agree that this is 'The best directed movie of all time' to an extent Afro

Oh you do huh kurug3n? Well then, I guess it shall stay.

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 09:27:55 AM »

I'm not sure what I think of Tarantino. Half of me says he good, the other half says he's a moron. His films are entertaining, but I've never really seen the deeper point in any of his work. And I hate any moron who says he's the greatest living director. That's so stupid. To know that, you'd have to look through the work of all living directors, to see if he really is. For instance, I wouldn't call Leone the best director ever, until I could back it up by watching every film in the universe. That's never gonna happen, so I'll just call him my favorite... but NOT the best.

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 07:34:39 PM »

And I hate any moron who says he's the greatest living director.
when did tarantino say that?

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 08:47:34 PM »

QT never said but if you go on his profile on IMDB there is a 99.9% chance of people saying that

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »

QT never said but if you go on his profile on IMDB there is a 99.9% chance of people saying that
He's good, but overrated to the extreme.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 01:23:58 PM »

Like him or not, QT is a great filmmaker. Yeah, he may homage a little to much, but how many director's do that and their films are not good. He's very talented behind the camera and I like his films very much.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 01:27:09 PM »

Like him or not, QT is a great filmmaker. Yeah, he may homage a little to much, but how many director's do that and their films are not good. He's very talented behind the camera and I like his films very much.

His foot fetish is a little creepy though.

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 01:40:19 PM »

Yes, but surely you're not saying he isn't overrated?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM