Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 03:16:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "The Best directed movie of all time"- Quentin Tarantino
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Best directed movie of all time"- Quentin Tarantino  (Read 21061 times)
Sonny
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 01:57:52 PM »

Yes, but surely you're not saying he isn't overrated?

TB never underrates anything.

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Mw/NNrules
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 03:00:19 PM »

That's an interesting quality to have.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 09:47:38 AM »

Says who? I think a lot of directors and films are underrated Sonny!

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 02:54:06 AM »

Tarantino is one of the most talentued dialogue writers ever. Period. I'm not saying everybody has to appreciate it, as i'll never say that everybody has to appreciate Leone. This is not the question. But Tarantino's dialogues and some of work as a scriptwriters are among the things that have the most impressed me since i'm born. If some people cannot agree, I invite them to make an appointment on this website, and we'll watch one of Tarantno's film at the same time and i'll make comments to show what impresses me. As a director, he is interesting, very good, i don't think he is great, or just sometimes. I know i can not prove that it is great but i'm sure i can PROVE this work is VERY interesting. I could do the same with Leone's work, with Scorsese's works, with Peckinpah's work, and the like.
The way we like or not a work of art is subjective, but i'm convinced that a part of a work of art's value is objective, and that's what we can talk about.

Tarantino is a real creator (even if he makes many homages) and their are few of them. Creation is why i live, so I really respect him. I understand that some of you can be upset by the Tarantinomania as i'm upset by the Kubrickmania. In these condintions, we all tend to deny the real value of these works, since we think that other directors (Leone...) deserve at least the same consideration. But what people think about a movie does not change its qualities.

In conlusion : Tarantino, overrated? who can tell? his work contains objective qualities, that's all i can prove.

The reasons why he is so beloved is, i think:

1) he is (objectively) good
2) he has is own style, easy to recognize
3) he plays with the audience
4) he is good in marketing
5) most of his movies are violent and fun
6) many of his characters are cool
7) his castings

I'm not saying those reasons make good movies, i just think this is why the audience loves him. There are of course other reasons, but this are the only one i can think about now.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 10:59:56 AM »

Tarantino is one of the most talentued dialogue writers ever. Period. I'm not saying everybody has to appreciate it, as i'll never say that everybody has to appreciate Leone. This is not the question. But Tarantino's dialogues and some of work as a scriptwriters are among the things that have the most impressed me since i'm born. If some people cannot agree, I invite them to make an appointment on this website, and we'll watch one of Tarantno's film at the same time and i'll make comments to show what impresses me. As a director, he is interesting, very good, i don't think he is great, or just sometimes. I know i can not prove that it is great but i'm sure i can PROVE this work is VERY interesting. I could do the same with Leone's work, with Scorsese's works, with Peckinpah's work, and the like.
The way we like or not a work of art is subjective, but i'm convinced that a part of a work of art's value is objective, and that's what we can talk about.

Tarantino is a real creator (even if he makes many homages) and their are few of them. Creation is why i live, so I really respect him. I understand that some of you can be upset by the Tarantinomania as i'm upset by the Kubrickmania. In these condintions, we all tend to deny the real value of these works, since we think that other directors (Leone...) deserve at least the same consideration. But what people think about a movie does not change its qualities.

In conlusion : Tarantino, overrated? who can tell? his work contains objective qualities, that's all i can prove.

The reasons why he is so beloved is, i think:

1) he is (objectively) good
2) he has is own style, easy to recognize
3) he plays with the audience
4) he is good in marketing
5) most of his movies are violent and fun
6) many of his characters are cool
7) his castings

I'm not saying those reasons make good movies, i just think this is why the audience loves him. There are of course other reasons, but this are the only one i can think about now.

GREAT post noodles!!! I agree with you totally. I mean how many writer/director's have the ability to create memorable characters movie after movie. It just amazes me. Not everyone has that kind of writing abilities. QT may be a little over the top and quirky when you see him, but you gotta admit his love for movies is pretty damn cool.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 04:01:03 PM »

His foot fetish is a little creepy though.
It's only creepy when he focuses on Uma Thurman's hideous dogs. When he celebrates beautiful feet, however, it's an entirely different experience.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »

It's only creepy when he focuses on Uma Thurman's hideous dogs. When he celebrates beautiful feet, however, it's an entirely different experience.

Uma's hideous dogs! hahahaha I love Uma though so I can't knock her to much. I do agree with you jenkins when he celebrates beautiful feet of women, it is an entirely different experience.  Smiley

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »

You've got a point on Uma's "dogs"

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2007, 08:07:13 AM »

How can a foot be more beautiful than another? Grin OK, I understand a foot suffering from elephantiasis isn't a pretty thing to see but how can you say something like that of "normal" feet? Huh I guess all you guys have  foot fetish! Grin

Noses are a different story, though. Cheesy

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:45 AM »

How can a foot be more beautiful than another? Grin OK, I understand a foot suffering from elephantiasis isn't a pretty thing to see but how can you say something like that of "normal" feet? Huh I guess all you guys have  foot fetish! Grin

Noses are a different story, though. Cheesy

What can I say, some girls have beautiful feet.  Wink

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2007, 08:58:36 AM »

What can I say, some girls have beautiful feet.  Wink
Perv. Smiley

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2007, 03:14:28 PM »

Some guys like breasts, some guys like ass, and yes, some guys are into feet. Whatever floats your boat.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »

Some guys like breasts, some guys like ass, and yes, some guys are into feet. Whatever floats your boat.
But why nobody ever talks about noses Embarrassed?

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »

or eyes for that matter.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 04:36:34 PM »

Who says I don't like all that. HAHA, I'm just stating, some girls have nice feet. No big deal gentleman.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM