Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 07:00:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE (1971)  (Read 4503 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2007, 01:41:26 AM »

Decent giallo picture starring, two spaghetti western veterans, Anthony Steffen and italian hottie Erica Blanc.

Steffen plays Lord Alan Cunningham who is a rich english aristocrat who owns a large decaying castle.
Cunningham's wife, Evelyn, died during child birth some years ago and it has effected Alan's mind. Alan frequently has "visits" from Evelyn from beyond the grave accompanied by a flashback of Evelyn sleeping with another man (face is hidden throughout) which allegedly happened before her demise.
All these paranormal visitations and bad memories effect Alan's mind so much that he has picked up unhealthy habits...

He picks up hookers and whisks them away to his castle to torture and eventually kill them. It's lead to believe this is a form of therapy for Alan. However after the first twenty minutes this is never touched upon a again because Alan's character radically, and illogically, changes to a kind and loving man after meeting "the right girl".
"Mrs. Right" comes in the form of Glady's (Marina Malfatti), a mysterious woman he nabs at a party. The two quickly marry and move into Alan's foreboding castle with a few of his relatives and friends.
Evelyn's ghostly visits increase during the couple's honeymoon and members of Cunningham's staff and family mysteriously begin to be murdered one by one.
The ending is a predictable. As in any Giallo, principle characters of the cast turn out to be less than honorable and there is the expected comeuppance of the main baddie.
The ending also leaves a lot of unanswered questions which I won't give away here.

Bruno Nicolai makes a great soundtrack (one can say it's the best element about the film).

The dvd I viewed was put out by NOSHAME who have recently been putting out stunning editions of ITALO CRIME films.

The dvd includes a very candid interview with actress Erica Blanc where she discusses how the quality of movies have dropped in recent years and that star Steffen was apparently a very vain man. Grin
"He was more vain than I am" she says comically "before every shot he would pull out his personal mirror and have a look at his face".

It's not an unwatchable movie but it has far too many mistakes for me to recommend it as a classic of the genre.
There are far better efforts like http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=4290.0

Rent "Evelyn" if you can.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 02:00:44 AM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:30:53 AM »

I saw this in a summer vacation place, in a open air theatre and from then I was forever in love  with Marina Malfatti's tits.

Rojo Ramone
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »

i've got the cheap Alpha disc of this in fullscreen~never really got into it, i keep falling asleep.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »

then I was forever in love  with Marina Malfatti's tits.

Quite nice aren't they!

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 01:58:24 PM »

I knew you wouldn't miss them. She's still doing theatre these days. But she looks all her age.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 04:10:34 PM »

The last thing NoShame US put out was DARK WATERS, a 1993 Italian horror film from Mariano Baino. Nothing since then. Supposedly, they are having distribution problems which is affecting future releases. It is doubtful there will be more crime releases (at least here anyways) as I don't think they were big sellers since Bill Lustig took a bath on the few italo crime movies he put out. And he is talking of closing up shop soon.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

I knew you wouldn't miss them. She's still doing theatre these days. But she looks all her age.

It's hard to miss them for male and female alike.

When her chest isn't bare she is wearing a very skimpy outfit or night gown that shows plenty of lovely cleavage.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:47 PM »

hmmm, looks like I'll have to find me a copy of this masterpiece. Steffen here, if I remember well, is at his stony best. But  of course I'll ff his scenes.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 07:41:24 PM »

hmmm, looks like I'll have to find me a copy of this masterpiece. Steffen here, if I remember well, is at his stony best. But  of course I'll ff his scenes.

I can burn you a copy before I return it to the internet rental site.

If you don't want me to know your address we can have a half-way point of some kind (perhaps your friend with all the movies?).
I wouldn't recommend buying it.

If you really want a nice pair of breasts check out Anita Strinberg nude.
She is in the other Giallo I sited on this very thread.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:44:12 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 12:01:34 AM »

Thanx for the offer, but I think I can find it, I think is televised regularly over here.
Strindberg doesn't appeal to me as Malfatti (BTW, this in italian means: the badly made ones).

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 12:04:27 AM »

Strindberg doesn't appeal to me as Malfatti (BTW, this in italian means: the badly made ones).

I don't follow Titoli.

I thought the Italian title to this was a direct translation of the english one (or vice versa)?

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 01:26:18 AM »

I was referring to Malfatti's last name.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM