Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 06:40:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Les MisÚrables (any version... there are a lot of them)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Les MisÚrables (any version... there are a lot of them)  (Read 2617 times)
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:35:52 PM »

I saw two: the classic with Jean Gabin and a newwr, 1998 with Liam Neeson. I'm a big fan of the book, read it in every year, and I wonder if there are other fans... Smiley

Favourite charakter? One of the supporting roles: Enjolras. Angel of death and revolution.  Afro

"Does this unit have a soul?"
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 02:50:20 PM »

Saw the one with Belmondo (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113828/), which is an adaptation, as the action is updated to WW2. Liked it quite a bit. Haven't seen other versions.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 01:48:02 AM »

Les Miz is probably amoung my favourite books. can't tell you how much i loved reading it, kinda makes me want to re-read it, something i hardly (if ever) actually do.

the musical is amoung my favourites as well, although the only version i've seen is the tenth aniversary dream cast concert. My only beef with the musical is that cosette is dwindled down to a minor character (at least thats how it seems in the concert). Also, whats with cosettes stupid black wig, cause it seems that every performance of les miz i've seen has cosette wearing a black wig. If memory serves me well, i beleive cosette was blonde in the book.

still haven't seen any film adaptation, but my drama teacher has told me good things about the '98 Liam Neeson film.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:07:32 AM by Patchy! The God-less Heathen » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 02:03:45 AM »

Recently saw the Raymond Bernard version (1934). 305 minutes long. Fabulous, fabulous film.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:23:57 PM »

i just saw it today, i didn't have the money to get it today but hopefully ill be able to get it next time i head back to the store i found it in

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »

I've seen the 10th Anniversary Concert too... it's just beautiful. I want to see this on-stage...
And I have the Original London Cast recording.

Philip Quast was just AWESOME!  Afro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFr6nk4ry4Y&feature=related

If you'd make a movie from Les Miz, what would be your dream cast?

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »

a dream cast? wow, that would be a tough one to think up. Dont think i have it in me to come up with one. the dream cast i have is in my head everytime i read/think of the novel  Smiley.

i share the same sentiment in not seeing a stage version, though i have seen a school performance of it. It wasn't the best of shows but bless them for trying, it's not an easy show to produce (especially for high schoolers)

agreed, Philip and Colm just bring their parts to life  Afro (great signature btw  Grin)

here's a hilarious video i found on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AAKM2zKuYC4

though i don't understand french, stuff like this just breaks language barriers  Grin.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM