Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 07:06:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Grafitti on Serio Leone locations....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grafitti on Serio Leone locations....  (Read 1418 times)
marqkin
« on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:03 AM »

Having just returned from visiting the Sergio Leone locations (see my other threads), I'm still on a high!!!
Visiting La Calahorra (the set of 'Flagstone' from 'Once Upon A Time In The West') I came across the old, now dis-used Guadic train line (used in 'GBU', 'OUATITW', 'My Name is Nobody', and countless other westerns...
At La Calahorra Station (Estacion), where classic scenes for 'Good, Bad, Ugly', and 'Once Upon A Time In The West', had been filmed, I noticed that some of the train staion buildings had been defaced with graffitti...
the graffiti (i.e. 'Viva Leone', 'Viva Lee Van Cleef'; 'Viva Terence Hill').......
At first, I thought: "Good on them.....the Leone fans who care enough to daub and spray-paint their views and love for the magical Sergio Leone....
On Reflection.....
Looking back....I can understand where these particular paint-daubing Leone fans are coming from, and their love for a location that they feel is being 'destroyed' by the local land-owner, who may - or may not - have any regardfor the Leone sites....
However.....My other view is this; that; when Sergio Leone enthusiasts insist on spray-painting their views on to location buildings such as the original - still-standing - railway buildings that were so beloved by Leone, himself, are they not - in their own way - defacing buildings that he considered important enough to include in his movies???
I know that when I visit these locations, I am, at times, appalled by the so-called 'progress' that has taken place...at times almost obliterating the views that Sergio Leone strived for....
...the inclusion of graffitti does not....in my opinion....help....
Adios for now, to both graffitti, and non-graffitti Sergio Leone fans..
Marqkin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM