Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:46:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  'Once Upon A Time in the West' replica arch built...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Once Upon A Time in the West' replica arch built...  (Read 2922 times)
marqkin
« on: July 05, 2007, 02:59:01 AM »

I've just returned from visiting the Leone filming locations in the Tabernas Desert, Almeria, Spain. As well as visiting 'Mini Hollywood' (the original Leone set for 'El Paso' in 'For A Few Dollars More'), I also visited the non-Leone film set, called 'Texas Hollywood', which is located not far down the trail from 'Mini Hollywood'. Many Spaghetti Westerns were filmed here (not the Leone classics).
The last time I visited these locations was 6 years ago... since then someone has - at 'Texas Leone' - built a replica arch from the classic 'Once Upon A Time in the West'. The original arch, now mostly demolished, is located in Monument Valley, USA.
Although a replica arch, it looks pretty authentic; and, if taken at the right camera angle, someone can take a very good shot of it with the 'Alfaro' mountain (which features so prominently behind Leone's 'El Paso' set) behind it.
I have a couple of photos of  the arch, but - because my computer is playing up at the moment - am not able to post them here.... As soon my computer's sorted, I'll gladly do that....
Adios for now...
Marqkin.

marqkin
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:06:45 AM »

Sorry guys....I've just realised that I made a mistake in the 2nd paragraph of my original thread, and wrote 'Texas Leone'......NOT to be confused with 'Western Leone'!!
The replica arch - just to confirm is located at 'Texas Hollywood'....sorry for the confusion....
Marqkin.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:42:21 AM »

It's interesting - I would like to see the photos one day!

And, by the way, you can just edit your first post.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
marqkin
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 04:58:27 AM »

It's interesting - I would like to see the photos one day!

And, by the way, you can just edit your first post.

I'll have a go either tonight, or in the next couple of days, at posting both photos on here.....
Thanks for your interest......

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:08:26 AM »

Thanks for your interest......

You don't have many responses on your post recently, right? Well, you have a lot to share, definitelly, A LOT. And, judging by me - I had a bit of reading-of-new-threads break recently. It just happens... there's a lot of material on this site now, and when you post a lot and then aren't here for a while, only catching up with the threads you posted in takes quite a long time...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
marqkin
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:34:37 AM »

Cheers Marmota-b!
It doesn't particularly bother me when I don't get many responses from other fans.....I always find it a great pleasure and privilage simply to be part of this fantastic web-site Smiley
As well as the replica arch photos that I've promised to post, I recently (on my location scouting trip to Almeria), took dozens of photos of other locations used by Leone...
Are you interested in viewing any pics of a particular location, as used in the Leone Westerns? Let me know, and I'll search through my photos, and see if I can oblige.... Smiley
I could always post some photos on the General Discussion page.....

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 05:49:40 AM »

Cheers Marmota-b!
It doesn't particularly bother me when I don't get many responses from other fans.....I always find it a great pleasure and privilage simply to be part of this fantastic web-site Smiley
As well as the replica arch photos that I've promised to post, I recently (on my location scouting trip to Almeria), took dozens of photos of other locations used by Leone...
Are you interested in viewing any pics of a particular location, as used in the Leone Westerns? Let me know, and I'll search through my photos, and see if I can oblige.... Smiley
I could always post some photos on the General Discussion page.....

Ah, OK, I just thought...

I'm interested in ANY PHOTOS! Grin

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 04:40:02 AM »

Nice try, you gotta be kidding me some of us here found it for as low as 3.99 in the bargan bins. It not like is scarce. Rockerdrew

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »

Nice try, you gotta be kidding me some of us here found it for as low as 3.99 in the bargan bins. It not like is scarce. Rockerdrew

Huh

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 01:53:57 PM »

Huh

There was someone trying to advertise a OUATITW auction on e-bay, or what. It must have been deleted since then. Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM