Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2022, 06:35:55 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I think Volonté's Ramon is more sadistic than Volonté's El Indio.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: I think Volonté's Ramon is more sadistic than Volonté's El Indio.  ( 10396 )
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« : July 12, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »

When the subject of Cinema's all time Greatest Villains come up, El Indio is talked about a lot more than Romon. This is funny to be because I think Romon is more ruthless than El Indio if you ask me. Your thoughts?

« : July 12, 2007, 03:08:50 PM Tucumcari_Bound »

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #1 : July 12, 2007, 02:32:28 PM »

I think El Indio is far more sadistic...and memorable.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #2 : July 12, 2007, 02:35:48 PM »

El Indio is certainly nuttier than Ramon.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #3 : July 12, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

Tucumcari, please...  :'( his name is Volonté. :-*

Ramón was just evil, Indio has more depth and he's a tragic hero. :'(

I love when Ramón is shooting the Baxters. In the light of the flames he looks like the Devil himself... (a very handsome Devil...  ;D)

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #4 : July 12, 2007, 03:07:44 PM »

I think El Indio is far more sadistic...and memorable.

Yes, maybe memorable because the script was much deeper. That doesn't necessarily make him crazier.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #5 : July 12, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »

Ramón was just evil, Indio has more depth and he's a tragic hero. :'(
To the extent that Macbeth is a tragic hero, I agree. But when you have Mortimer and Monco (the M&Ms!) fulfilling the hero roles, wouldn't it be more accurate to say Indio is a tragic villain?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Faisalha9159
Chicken Thief

« #6 : October 27, 2007, 05:26:56 PM »

I would say when it comes to sadism, Ramon and Indio are about the same, with Indio killing the wife and toddler of his enemy without remorse at the beginning of FAFDM, and Ramon mercilessly killing the whole Mexican army regiment in FFOD, as well as the annihilation of the Baxter family (including the lady) in the moonlight by Ramon.

However leaving sadism aside, I reckon Ramon is the far far more charismatic than Indio, not to mention more enterprising. Many times I have seen the film and had the impression that the real star of FFOD is in fact Volonte. A lot of people won`t agree with me, but this is just a personal thought.

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

« #7 : October 27, 2007, 10:37:50 PM »

I say Indio is more sadistic than Ramon.  El Indio betrays his gang, guns down Sambrell pretty viciously, and the wacky weed makes him that much more unpredictable.  ;D

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #8 : October 28, 2007, 05:17:02 AM »

Both are really baaaaaad.  >:D >:D >:D

Ramon is not so complicated character as Indio. He doesn't have problems in the past, he just enjoys to be evil.  >:D And has really great lines. And what a great death scene... (Volonté was a master of death scenes. Those bad directors killed him very often.)

And he was ideal for the close-ups. That face!  ;)

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

« #9 : October 28, 2007, 10:00:38 AM »

Ramon is not so complicated character as Indio. He doesn't have problems in the past, he just enjoys to be evil.   And has really great lines. And what a great death scene... (Volonté was a master of death scenes. Those bad directors killed him very often.)

That's true, but don't you think he dies in the weirdest positions?  In FOD, he's almost standing up as his body leans over on the well.  My favorite is FAFDM where he's sitting up.  To me, it's always looked like he's in a chair watching tv as he leans back on one elbow.  ;D

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #10 : October 28, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »

Well in FOD, it's very hot... when he stand up and sees all moving...  >:D And spits blood...  :'(

In FAFDM the best mistake is he's in a different pose when he dies and when Mortimer goes to him to get the watch. Perhaps he didn't remember the right pose?  ;D
He's watching tv but the film was boring and he slept.  ;D ;D ;D

Faisalha9159
Chicken Thief

« #11 : October 31, 2007, 06:05:39 PM »

I personally prefer the death scene in FFOD, in fact i love that whole end scene, from when Ramons whole gang and family square up to Eastwood beside the well. The way he just walks up casually , take position and works the lever of his Winchester with one hand is THE coolest scene I have seen....lol.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines