Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 07:06:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cop Land (Director's Cut) The Ultimate Urban WESTERN!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cop Land (Director's Cut) The Ultimate Urban WESTERN!  (Read 1575 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:16:53 PM »

It's a western disguised as an urban tale. If you have not watched the director's cut, please get your hands on it now. It's outstanding! It's directed by James Mangold of "Walk the Line" fame and who is also directing the upcoming remake of "3:10 to Yuma."

I've read up a lot on this film and watched the special features. Come to find out this was originally supposed to be a western. James Mangold, who also wrote the script, felt he didn't have the directing experience yet to direct a full blown western, which happens to be his favorite genre.

The cast here is mind blowing. Could be the best asamble of actors for one film ever. Sylvester Stallone, who's performance was outstanding and who many feel should have been Oscar nominated. Ray Liotta, Harvey Keitel, and Robert De Niro round out the starring cast. All bring their A game and give memorable performances.

The supporting cast is equally impressive. Peter Berg, Robert Patrick, Michael Rappaport, Janeane Garofalo, Annabella Sciorra, and Frank Vincent all give great supportive performances.

If you've seen the theatrical version it does not do justice on your opinion of the film. The director's cut, the true vision of James Mangold is finally captured on DVD. It's a must see. It plays out like Rio Bravo. The final moments has western written all over it.

Finally, I love this film.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 11:39:51 AM by TucumcariBound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM