Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:39:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Vengeance Is Mine (Per 100.000 dollari t'ammazzo) (1967)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vengeance Is Mine (Per 100.000 dollari t'ammazzo) (1967)  (Read 1976 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062114/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/100000_ammazzo.htm

Garko is Camaso's half-brother who frames him for his (step)-father's murder  and let him have 10 years in prison. After having left prison Garko turns into a bounty killer and goes hunting for his brother turned into a criminal. Camaso in the meantime cheats his partners and escapes witrh the booty. Garko finds him and tries to convince him to leave the USA for Mexico to no avail.

Not a very good movie as one could expect, but there are some striking moments like the beginning when Garko shoots Sancho in the throat or when Corazzari is shot in the leg. But it is the finale which is very well done, with the final confrontation between the two brothers. Camaso is extraordinary in his expression of pain. That's why I give this 7\10. Nora Orlandi's score is passable.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 03:59:25 PM »

I liked this one a bit better than the other Garko/Camaso pairing, $10,000 BLOOD MONEY (1966; $10,000 DOLLARI PER UN MASSACRO) which I haven't seen  in a while. I think Garko plays Django in that one.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »

To me this movie is a hidden gem. IMO the cinematography is excellent, the plot is OK and the acting is above average. I find Nora Orlandi's score quite repetitive, but it is not bad. On the funny side, I think this movie has the oldest sheriff I have seen in a western (they guy must be in his 80s or 90s). And on the not-so-funny side, John Forest's half - brother Clint is one of the meanest characters I have seen in a SW.

Well worth watching.

7.5/10

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:42:09 AM »

I haven't seen the SW made by Fago between this one and O'Cangaceiro, but in my opinion he is very underrated. I say that with particular reference to O'Cangaceiro (the movie, not the forum member!) which is really really well-made.

I have the Spanish Suevia release of "Per 100,000 dollari..." but need to watch again before posting any substantial comments

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM