Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 07:50:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Django (1966)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Django (1966)  (Read 58931 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2004, 03:57:54 PM »

That is great! I wish my band was that cool. I can imagine the looks on their faces if I even approached them with that one!

I always thought it would be cool to have a band that did Spag themes exclusively. It'd be tough to arrange all that orchestral stuff for a standard band though. Still, it's a cool thought.

IT would be tough to get gigs too, lol!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2004, 10:09:34 AM »

does your band do ecstasy of gold ? any other morricone songs ? ?
what instrument do you play ? ? ?  

We don't cover any other Morricone yet, but I'm not ruling it out. However, other songs I've written myself include a Dollars trilogy title theme style instrumental, and a few vaguely Morricone influenced Latin American style songs. Other than that we mainly do celtic and eastern European stuff.

We haven't been around that long, and we've all been really busy lately, but hopefully we'll start jamming again in the New Year. We have pretty good connections in the local music industry, so we'll have no trouble getting gigs and recording once we're ready. I'll be sure to post links to mp3s on here once their ready.

I play the banjo and sing. We also have in our lineup drums, bass, guitar, accordian and mandolin.

It's class.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2004, 10:51:46 AM »

cool  links  Grin

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2004, 11:28:19 AM »

We don't cover any other Morricone yet, but I'm not ruling it out. However, other songs I've written myself include a Dollars trilogy title theme style instrumental, and a few vaguely Morricone influenced Latin American style songs. Other than that we mainly do celtic and eastern European stuff.

We haven't been around that long, and we've all been really busy lately, but hopefully we'll start jamming again in the New Year. We have pretty good connections in the local music industry, so we'll have no trouble getting gigs and recording once we're ready. I'll be sure to post links to mp3s on here once their ready.

I play the banjo and sing. We also have in our lineup drums, bass, guitar, accordian and mandolin.
consider one record sold already  Wink  keep us informed

« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 11:28:49 AM by KERMIT » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2004, 11:31:25 AM »

could someone tell me which is the best of the django films. django the bastard ? or django ? ect.  Grin

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2004, 12:47:03 PM »

i would say the first , Django with Franco Nero. its a trashy version of Fistful of dollars in a way.Which is Yojimbo anyway.
Great theme tune, muddy town and something great in that coffin!
one of the better spg. westerns.

That could just be cannon fire.
KERMIT
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2004, 05:38:06 PM »

thanks indio  Grin

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2004, 09:14:32 AM »

Kermit, Corbucci's Django might be the best of the Django series, but thats not really saying alot, its a trashy, poor, pale imitation of Fistful of Dollars and i'd advise you not to pay any more than 5 quid for it.  Undecided

Another one, Viva Django, is even worse. thats got Terence Hill as Django and he's just so unbelievable as Django, with the blond hair and all is clearly supposed 2 be.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
KERMIT
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2004, 08:43:44 PM »

Kermit, Corbucci's Django might be the best of the Django series, but thats not really saying alot, its a trashy, poor, pale imitation of Fistful of Dollars and i'd advise you not to pay any more than 5 quid for it.  Undecided

Another one, Viva Django, is even worse. thats got Terence Hill as Django and he's just so unbelievable as Django, with the blond hair and all is clearly supposed 2 be.
thanks DJIMBO.  i'll keep this in mind.  Wink

Tim
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2005, 07:21:48 PM »

Django Kill is like a spaghetti western on acid.  The uncut Blue Underground DVD has all that shocking violence(horses blown up, gold bullets dug out of a dying man's stomach, scalping) and a whole gang of homosexual outlaws. 

Now if that isn't a western, I don't know what it.

Bill Carson
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »

Cool hola amigos! I've been thinking about buying DJANGO and DJANGO KILL for quite a while (but I've got a dvd back catalogue / wish-list a mile long!) and so far, I've read mixed things here... KERMIT don't like it none! oh well, I guess I'll check them out soon enough. 

Fortean
Road Apple

... it'll be the last mistake you ever make.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2005, 08:50:14 PM »

IMHO Django is all about style and creativity.

It manages to do things in a way more memorable than most spags.

The story is alright, nothing special but not the worst, the acting I'd classify the same way. Even the special effects are only passable really.

What sets it apart are the man carrying a gatling gun (or a rough approximation of one) around in a coffin, and then at the end of the movie he uses a tombstone to pull the trigger when he's rendered incapable.

Watch this movie for a good mindless treat. It's better than popcorn alone. When you want to sit down and appreciate the subtleties of Italian cinema, pop in a Leone film or The Big Gundown.

Ehi amico... c' Sabata, hai chiuso!
Christopher
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2005, 08:36:10 AM »

I just watched Django last night. It did remind me a little of A Fistful of Dollars, as some of you have mentioned. At first, I wasn't sure about it. Django seems a little wordier than the Man with No Name. I thought maybe some of that could have been cut down. I've actually heard people razz Clint Eastwood's acting in the SW's, but they've probably never seen anybody else in those movies. Nero isn't bad, but he doesn't have the presence Eastwood has on screen.

But the movie did win me over, and overall, I really enjoyed it. Corbucci was a capable director, and in fact I hadn't realized I had seen one of his movies, Super Fuzz with Terence Hill, many years ago. Django really held my attention and I couldn't wait to see how it would all work out in the end.

The Great Silence is really starting to sound interesting to me as well.

JoeH
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2005, 09:17:43 AM »

I agree with Christopher. Django isn't as good as Leone's westerns, Franco Nero doesn't act great, but I think Django is a really cool character (one of the coolest ever!) and the film has a lot of good scenes. Only in the middle of the film the story gets a bit uninteresting and sometimes it's too brutal. But all in all one of the very good westerns.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »

Boy oh boy you guys are just gonna love "The Great Silence", "The Mercenary", and "Companeros", then.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM