Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 10:12:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Beast(La Belva)(1970)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beast(La Belva)(1970)  (Read 1846 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2007, 12:03:04 PM »

The title of this Mario Costa directed sw refers to Crazy Johnny(Klaus Kinski).Johnny is a completely sex crazed maniac who has a complete inability to keep his hands off women ,and we are soon introduced to him spying on a beautiful woman washing her clothes in a river but as Johnny loses patience and approachs the woman with obvious bad intent,fortunately for her in the nick of time her armed husband shows up.

Johnny and fellow outlaw Bowens cook up a plan to rob local businessman Powers of $100,000 , but after murdering him supposedly moving the cash,they only find useless papers in the money bag.Bowens snuff box is found by Powers body but before the town's lynch mob can collar him,Johnny shoots Bowen to protect his own back.But Johnny hasn't given up on the money which is still in town.Powers daughter Nancy is en route to collect her inheritance,and Johnny has already arranged for her kidnap in order to substitute an imposter(Juanita) in her place.But how safe is Nancy,Juanita or anyone else for that matter from Crazy Johnny.

I've seen one or two titbits suggesting that this movie doesn't amount to very much but to the contrary i really enjoyed it.It has a great sw style and feel though it lacks a decent gun duel plus the ending was only adequate and doesn't quite justify the build up to it.The movie includes a wonderful score credited to Stelvio Cipriano,though i noticed the usage of scores from Stranger Returns,Death Sentence and Man Pride and Vengeance.Kinski though not as chilling as he's capable considering his characters predisposition,he's still very watchable as always and its nice to have him for the duration of the movie.

My rating 7 out of 10.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 03:44:14 PM by Banjo » Logged
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 01:33:20 PM »

Cipriani, Banjo.

He's a great A.S. Roma supporter, like Morricone and Piovani.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM