Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:06:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  FDM questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FDM questions  (Read 4216 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2005, 12:26:18 PM »

OK, why didn''t Indio find Mortimer''s watch (and take it away) while his gang was beating up Manco and Mortimer?  I can''t believe Indio or his gang didn''t go through their pockets, and couldn''t have found the watch, then indio would''ve known why Mortimer was there.  And Indio definitely knows Mortimer by name, when Mortimer announces later who he is; I''m not so sure that Indio would''ve known Mortimer by name, the sister likely had her husband''s name, and probably lived in Texas (not Carolinas).  And, by the way, how did Mortimer really know that the culprit was Indio, as the ultimate cause of death of the sister and her husband?

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 09:09:16 AM »

And, by the way, how did Mortimer really know that the culprit was Indio, as the ultimate cause of death of the sister and her husband?

My guess is they tested Indio''s seed and matched the DNA

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 03:01:08 PM »

OK, why didn''''t Indio find Mortimer''''s watch (and take it away) while his gang was beating up Manco and Mortimer?  I can''''t believe Indio or his gang didn''''t go through their pockets, and couldn''''t have found the watch, then indio would''''ve known why Mortimer was there.  And Indio definitely knows Mortimer by name, when Mortimer announces later who he is; I''''m not so sure that Indio would''''ve known Mortimer by name, the sister likely had her husband''''s name, and probably lived in Texas (not Carolinas).  And, by the way, how did Mortimer really know that the culprit was Indio, as the ultimate cause of death of the sister and her husband?

OK.. where does Indio get the watch from after he escapes  from prison. Surely he wasn''t allowed to keep it in prison?

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:13:24 PM »

Good catch, Iceman, Indio wouldn''t have been able to have that watch in prison; maybe he hid it in Mario Brega''s food stash before he was arrested and taken to prison.  No, Mario would''ve found it then.....

Not that it really matters......film is suspension of disbelief, as I was taught in film class in 1974.....

iceman
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 11:59:17 AM »

Well, why's he allowed to keep his hat and coat?  Why is his cellmate allowed to build models?  Obviously, security at the place is kinda lax.  All he probably has to do is claim that it's a family keepsake or something and buy off the jailors if he wants to hold onto it.

I also don't see any indication that the existence of his favorite toy is any sort of deep-dark secret (in fact, the fact that Mortimer's onto him sorta suggests otherwise).

BELIEVE ME THAT WATCH WOULD HAVE GONE... IF ONLY IN THE GOVENORS POCKET, WHERE INDIO MIGHT HAVE GOT IT BACK AFTER HE SHOT HIM  BUT WE DONT SEE THAT IN THE FILM

For all we know, everyone in the territories knows Crazy Bandit Indio has some funky kind of musical pocket watch that he plays with.

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Sgt. Angel eyes
Chicken Thief

I wish you luck!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 02:19:13 PM »

Maybe it was a Pulp Fiction thing? Of course a wristwatch would be MUCH  less of a pain in the a$$ than a pocketwatch, lol.,,,,SAE

How's your digestion now??
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 11:10:23 AM »

Maybe it was a Pulp Fiction thing? Of course a wristwatch would be MUCH  less of a pain in the a$$ than a pocketwatch, lol.,,,,SAE

I dunno, the faces on my wristwatches are a lot smaller than that pocketwatch - but I guess that WOULD make it easier to keep it from slipping out accidentally.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 05:15:20 AM »

About the wristwatch not being found, if they were searched it probably wouldn't be Indio doing the searching personally, it would be a henchman who wouldn't think anything of finding a pocket watch on someone.

It's class.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 02:48:53 PM »

I think Indio's henchman would've kept the watch for themselves if they didn't give it to Indio.  Indio (but especially Frank, with regards to Harmonica) had reason to find out exactly who Manco and Mortimer were.  I'm just saying that in both instances, if I'd been head-honcho-badguy, I would've rifled their pockets, frisked them, etc.  As to whether Frank would've made the connection to many years before if he had seen the harmonica, who knows?

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 04:57:17 AM »

Lucretia, lol. It's a good idea she's named Lucretia!

Remember the Roman History (see Titus Livius): there was a Lucretia, a noble and honoured woman, raped by the last king's son Sextus Tarquinius... and then she committed suicide. Than the kingdom ended because Romans had enough from Tyranns... (leaded by Lucius Junius Brutus) Wink

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM