Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 07:45:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Born to Kill (Nato per uccidere) (1967)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Born to Kill (Nato per uccidere) (1967)  (Read 2699 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2007, 02:02:08 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062030/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/nato_uccidere.htm

Terminator in the West. Mitchell is frightening as killing machine. The movie rest on his shoulder and he carries it lightly, making you wonder why he was rarely used as  protagonist. Yeah, maybe it is because of his impassibility, but I can't understand how what could be a terrible defect couldn't be put to good use in a genre where the cold blood killer reigns. This movie is strange, little seen (not even at italian SW, as the plot they give is uncorrect: the trouble for Mitchell,a professionla gambler, strarts after he wins money from Berti alone, not from Felleghi too, as they say there. Berti will not take Mitchell's life the two times he has the chance to and that it's awkaward. So this movie has some plot deficiencies, lack of blood though there's lot of violence, a score which is not as bad as that of Django Kills: unmemorable, but original, it doesn't slide on you. Femi Benussi is not as sexy as in other subsequent flicks, but she's very pretty and a pleasure to look at. This is a movie I could (and will) easily rewatch: and all because of Mitchell and the rhythm which never relents. A 7\10 which could have been higher had the violence been more graphic.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:04:54 PM »

Sounds interesting. I think I shall see this. Thanks titoli.  Afro

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:34:24 AM »

Reading Dave Jenkins on 3:10 to Yuma made me think that in this italian movie you find some peculiar falls from the roof without mattresses, one from 12 ft at least.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM