Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 04:01:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  3:10 to Yuma (2007)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3:10 to Yuma (2007)  (Read 129242 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 16, 2008, 07:54:24 PM »

I am chilled. That's the thing jenkins. We're just talking.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 16, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »

You say that, and then go off on somebody three comments later. Well, nevermind, I'm outta here.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 16, 2008, 08:08:23 PM »

You say that, and then go off on somebody three comments later. Well, nevermind, I'm outta here.

Disagreeing with someone isn't "going off" on them. Unreal.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: November 16, 2008, 08:55:47 PM »

Everybody, chill. What's with all the tension tonight? I'm on my way to a glass of bourbon . . . .

I'm to blame for this I fear Mr. Jenkins. I shouldn't have re-started this thread. Undecided

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 16, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »

Yeah I did call you out for something, being a jerk Mr. Multiple personality FC.

All this hostility from me enjoying DJ's joke?

Jeez Laweez!
Not too "Ha ha" tonight are we?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 16, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »

I'm to blame for this I fear Mr. Jenkins. I shouldn't have re-started this thread. Undecided

You're not to blame for anything.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 16, 2008, 10:26:07 PM »

I don't want any part of this debacle but I found DJ's joke absolutely hysterical, and this is the guy coming off the heels of defending the noir tag to death.

I may be the biggest jerk in this thread because I didn't even give the remake  a shot.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 16, 2008, 11:26:17 PM »

I don't want any part of this debacle

Nor do I but somehow I was sucked into it because somebody spiked TB's Kool-aid last night.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 17, 2008, 01:06:31 AM »

Nor do I but somehow I was sucked into it because somebody spiked TB's Kool-aid last night.

Funny. I like the "3:10 to Yuma" remake, sue me.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 17, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »

I like the "3:10 to Yuma" remake, sue me.

Your beef is with CJ not I!
I don't mind that you like it.
It's entertaining.
I just think the whole thing falls apart the last 15 minutes.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 17, 2008, 01:16:38 AM »

Your beef is with CJ not I!
I don't mind that you like it.
It's entertaining.
I just think the whole thing falls apart the last 15 minutes.

That's the thing. I have no beef with you. I just think C J is extremely rude and my hate for that behavior has emerged within this thread. I just know how this guy is from his behavior on IMDB and I'm tired of it. I should keep quiet about it but I like this movie and I hate that he keeps trashing it here.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 17, 2008, 05:57:25 AM »

It deserves being trashed, I could have been way better and it wasn't.  It was dissapointing because none of the faux pas were neccessary if they had done their homework and inserted some common sense into the action and story it would have been better. 

Compound that with the fact that it was a remake of a Classic (not that the original wasn't flawed) and it added new flaws didn't help.

One thing I can possitively say is it looked closer to the Golden Age Westerns (except for the almost compelet indifference to the landscape), than most recent Westerns filmed.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:06:20 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: November 17, 2008, 08:49:17 AM »

CJ, you're a clown. Since you spend much time bashing a movie you gave a 7/10, I'd hate to see what you'd do with a movie you gave, say, a 3 or 4. Let alone a 1. Shocked

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 17, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »

Jeez, I should have known this would happen. Cheesy Feel free to put me in the stocks Banjo, I deserve it. Undecided

Yeah thanks a bunch for reviving the Jerry Springer Show. Roll Eyes

I think everybody's made their point (again and again) adequately enough so this thread should now be left alone for  others  to post.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 30, 2009, 04:43:17 PM »

Finally found a cheap dvd. I had much expectations from this, having heard positive judgements from people I know.
Still this movie sucks. CJ, Cusser, Jenkins, FC gave many, substantial reasons for this. I'll add some reflections. The torture at the railway camp: is this The Battle of Algiers? And Voigts with his men cannot hit the Bale group even if they only have to shoot straight. The photography and the design are anonymous. But these are only other particulars (and, yes, like Jenkins I felt, when the gang arrives in town, that they would be shot at: that they weren't it is very frustrating). But let's come to the main flaw.
In my book, Crowe should have played the Heflin part and Bale, if you want to have him in the movie at all (can he pass up for a farmer? When?) should have played Ben Wade. Sure, then you would have had a Charly Prince clone, as these new Hollywood actors all look alike. So you would have been light-years away from Glenn Ford's ultra-brilliant perfomance, and have the usual nevrotic, viciouos cold-blooded killer. But that would have fit with his figure. As it is, his character is completely out of the picture as he never shows to have a possible edge on Crowe. I wonder why he is said to have been  the best marksman of his regiment (or whatever) when this ability of his is never shown. He is not a hero in the classical sense. So one is led to suppose he would show to be a failure who proves his moral superiority to Crowe and earns his respect to the point of generating Crowe's idiotic and unplausible decision to abide his wish. But he is just a bloke trying to earn some money, saved from his son at a crucial moment and that shows nothing so special to justify Crowe's respect. As it is, the movie ends up on expanding on the big flaw marring the original version, adding implausibility on implausibility (the wild street shooting, the Crowe's killing of his pards, his willing surrender to the train jailor). I give it a generous 5\10 for some performances already noted in this thread. And I give to all my advice to watch Broken Trail instead.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM