Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 12:00:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  3:10 to Yuma (2007)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3:10 to Yuma (2007)  (Read 129170 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 05:36:45 PM »

I agree with  Angry ing him for Unforgiven, but I haven't seen Open Range.

TB, who gave you permission to have more posts than me?  I might have to steal some of your stars.

HAHAHAHA! Take as many stars as you want my good buddy.  Afro

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »

Who's getting excited!!! This is coming. It's getting great early reviews.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 12:12:22 PM »

I hope it's better than The Proposition. Just my opinion, but I was disapointed when I rented the Propostion.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 12:16:20 PM »

I hope it's better than The Proposition. Just my opinion, but I was disapointed when I rented the Propostion.

It's not for everybody. I personally rank it high myself.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 01:26:58 PM »

I thought The Proposition was lame.

I'm am soooo F*cking excited about 3:10 to Yuma!

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 02:02:46 PM »

I thought The Proposition was lame.

I'm am soooo F*cking excited about 3:10 to Yuma!

I think you're lame!  ;)That film is in no way lame. It's filmed and acted beautifully. Great poetic look into the west.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 02:07:30 PM »

I shall respect both of your opinions.

I've only seen it once.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »

I'm obviously joking with Peacemaker but I honestly think it's a beautiful film. Like I said before, it's not everyone's cup of tea. I like the way it was filmed in my humble opinion.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »

I thought Unforgiven was a better film than Open Range, but I still liked Open Range, it's still one of the best westerns in recent years.

Yeah that poster to 3:10 would have been better if that was a female.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 04:35:45 PM »

As I've said a dozen times before: Western is coming back.

Yeah, we've been hearing this claim for 20+ years. . .  Roll Eyes If the film's a hit, then we'll talk. I'll wait until then, though.

Saturday nights with Groggy
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 04:51:43 PM »

Yeah, we've been hearing this claim for 20+ years. . .  Roll Eyes If the film's a hit, then we'll talk. I'll wait until then, though.

No, we'll talk now. Even if this isn't a huge hit, the western still will never die. There's always room for a western film.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »

No, we'll talk now. Even if this isn't a huge hit, the western still will never die. There's always room for a western film.

Yeah, the Western will never "die", but whether it will be popular or not is something else entirely.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »

Yeah, the Western will never "die", but whether it will be popular or not is something else entirely.

I see what you're saying. However, I think the main problem with the Western Genre today is that it's not being utilized properly. What I mean by that is they're not using the right actor's. With the upcoming 3:10 to Yuma remake, the casting was perfect! Russell Crowe and Christian Bale are men amongst men. They're not "pretty boys" persay. We're not seeing a Leonardo Dicarprio or a Paul Walker here, actors who look like they couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale not only are amazing actors, but they have great charisma and are masculine.

With the right script, direction, and acting, I believe the western genre could do wonders in my humble opinion. I am curious to see how the public reacts to 3:10 to Yuma.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 05:08:56 PM »

Well, I'll say that I hope that the Western becomes popular again, but moreover I hope that there are at least some genuinely good Westerns that come out of it.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »

Well, I'll say that I hope that the Western becomes popular again, but moreover I hope that there are at least some genuinely good Westerns that come out of it.

Oh yeah, I agree with you totally here. I'm praying this is a success. If it is I'm sure studio's will take more chances with a western film.

I'm still hoping for a Martin Scorsese, Michael Mann, Sam Mendes, or Quentin Tarantino Western. I think there's plenty of directors today who could make some great films in this genre.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM