Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 05:36:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Poll: Hearing the Morricone music for the first time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What was your first reaction to the quirkey, but exceptional Morricone score upon first hearing?
Didn't like it, still don't like it.   -0 (0%)
Wasn't crazy about it but gradually grew on me.   -11 (42.3%)
LOVED IT, had to have the soundtrack ASAP.   -14 (53.8%)
Thought it was ok, not Morricone's best.   -1 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Poll: Hearing the Morricone music for the first time.  (Read 12957 times)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »

hearing Juan's theme made me think "Did someone fart?? Undecided

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 08:11:04 PM »

No way. I love this theme. It's so unique.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 09:07:52 PM »

That was actually intentional.

Juan's theme is called "March of the Beggars" and Leone asked Morricone to add burping and farting into it to give it a peasant-like atmosphere.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »

That was actually intentional.

Juan's theme is called "March of the Beggars" and Leone asked Morricone to add burping and farting into it to give it a peasant-like atmosphere.

Yeah, I read something like this before but I never had that feeling when I listened to it. But, that's just me I guess.  Huh

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 05:55:50 PM »

If not his best then certainly one of the best.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 06:55:44 PM »

I think his best.    Smiley

lovelyrita
Bandido

Where are you going, for Christ's sake?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 09:47:11 PM »

And what a great Username you have SeanSeanSean! Afro

I agree, great username and after seeing Duck You Sucker for the first time a few weeks ago Sean could be right up there as one of my fav. characters. By the end of the movie I was hooked..

"Did you make coffee?"
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 06:03:38 AM »

The first time I heard it was from a cover CD, there I didn't like it much, but ever since I heard it in the film, in the original form, I loved it. How does this count? Huh

Sean could be right up there as one of my fav. characters. By the end of the movie I was hooked..

Yeah... Cry

I wanted to write something else and forgot it. Angry

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 06:14:44 AM by marmota-b » Logged

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 09:19:37 AM »

The first time I heard it was from a cover CD, there I didn't like it much, but ever since I heard it in the film, in the original form, I loved it. How does this count? Huh

Yeah... Cry

I wanted to write something else and forgot it. Angry

It'll come back to you marmota, just think really hard.  Wink

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 04:04:43 AM »

It'll come back to you marmota, just think really hard.  Wink

My experiences usually are, that it doesn't come back when I think hard, it comes back when I don't think about it...

Moreover, I HAD to have the soundtrack, but I don't have it. How does that count?
 Wink

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 04:05:57 AM by marmota-b » Logged

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 08:58:10 AM »

Yeah moviesceleton. I gotta be honest. At first the "Sean, Sean, Sean"  track was a bit annoying but after awhile with repeated viewings, I fell in love with the music! I'm obsessed with it now. I think the initial listening to it shocked us all for the most part.

In the interview with Leone's executive producer Claudio Mancini (Bronson's brother in the arch scene in OUTITW) which I have posted in the OUTITW forum, Claudio Mancini said that when Morricone played the music on his piano for Sergio the first time, Carla - Sergio's wife - was also present. According to Mancini, it was Carla Leone who told Morricone that it would be nice to have "some vocals, like some names" in the score. Morricone thought about it and then the SeaSeanSean bit was created.
So for those of you who do not like the SeanSean theme (don't think there are many), well, you know now who to blame.... Wink

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »

In the interview with Leone's executive producer Claudio Mancini (Bronson's brother in the arch scene in OUTITW) which I have posted in the OUTITW forum, Claudio Mancini said that when Morricone played the music on his piano for Sergio the first time, Carla - Sergio's wife - was also present. According to Mancini, it was Carla Leone who told Morricone that it would be nice to have "some vocals, like some names" in the score. Morricone thought about it and then the SeaSeanSean bit was created.
So for those of you who do not like the SeanSean theme (don't think there are many), well, you know now who to blame.... Wink

Interesting stuff Leonardo! Thanks for posting that. That god Carla suggested that. I think it was a brilliant choice.

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 03:34:30 PM »

I liked it, but for me it got better near the end.

Mw/NNrules
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »

Yeah, I read something like this before but I never had that feeling when I listened to it. But, that's just me I guess.  Huh
I didn't get that feeling either. But coming back to it, it might explain why it was such a weird track. It was good, though

Ben Tyreen
Bounty Killer

Well, Major, I shall see you in Texas!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 01:12:17 AM »

I voted that over time it grew on me.  It's still not my favorite score of Morricone's, OUATITW and GBU still rank #1 and 2 for me, but DYS has really grown on me on repeated viewings.  Then, seeing the movie on DVD this summer and downloading the soundtrack really put it over the top for me. 

Nobody throws me my own guns and says run...nobody.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM