Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:31:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I'm pissed off!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm pissed off!  (Read 17831 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 05:50:04 PM »

Yeah but that dvd is about 5 years old now.

Yeah but I bought it for that price when it first came out.  Tongue

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 05:53:04 PM »

Yeah but I bought it for that price when it first came out.  Tongue

It was a pretty sleeper release though. The new DYS disc was released alongside a boxed set, etc.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
lovelyrita
Bandido

Where are you going, for Christ's sake?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »

What pisses me off even more is when studio's release bare-boned dvd's and then a couple months later re-release it again with more features. That's what burns me.

Happens all the time, not right but a common occurance. Its always comes down to the dollar signs.

"Did you make coffee?"
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »

Groggy, Groggy, Groggy....... Brick-and-mortar shopping is soooooo last century. The deals, these days, are all on-line (as for example): http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?p=KK&srid=S7%2d2&lbc=deepdiscount&ts=custom&pw=duck%20you%20sucker&uid=90861624&&s_3=0&isort=score&w=Dynamite&rk=4

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 08:56:25 PM »

I don't know what's wrong with the pricing. I got mine last month the day of the release at 20$ CDN, regular price.

Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Sucker-Fistful-Dynamite-2-Disc-Collectors/dp/B000OPOANO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-3571266-5496401?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1185677155&sr=1-1

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 05:21:27 AM »

So I go to the mall today, and see the totally-awesome-looking new DVD of "Duck You Sucker" in not one, but three video/entertainment stores! I've been trying to conserve my money for college, but since it's here, I figure, why the hell not buy it?

Guess what it cost at all three places?

Guess?

Twenty-six f***ing dollars and ninety-nine cents!

Thank you, no! Angry I guess it will have to wait along with "Gandhi" and "The Lion in Winter" (and many, many others) for when I have sufficient funds that I can buy whatever the hell I want. Cry

I understand what you are saying and why you are "pissed off"! But, that`s Leone...

You know, just like a Ferarri - as it`s gets older it`s value rises too.  Azn You know how they say: as good as the old wine...!  Smiley

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:24:03 AM by Bill Carson » Logged
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 05:33:30 AM »

You're right, Bill, it's the quality that counts. Surely you wouldn't mind forking over $30 bucks then so I could buy it. Cheesy

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 07:56:08 AM »

You're right, Bill, it's the quality that counts. Surely you wouldn't mind forking over $30 bucks then so I could buy it. Cheesy

Grin If I had some money to spare I'd buy you all a copy!

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 12:55:29 AM »

Groggy, where are you buying your movies at? I went to bestbuy today and saw it had DYS for 20 bucks Shocked

Bill Carson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 01:44:47 AM »

Grin ha-ha-ha  Afro

What can I say? You have the "money problem", but you can find it (I mean DVDs) and buy it, probably in every store...

On the other hand, I haven`t the "money problem" (I`m not rich, but I could dig up $30 somewhere), but my problem is that I don`t "have the store" where I can buy it. I could find "on every corner", in every store, some "new Holywood ru*ish", but Leone is very hard to find (especially the DYS). Of course I could order it from Amazon, or someone else..., but in that case I wouldn`t have the titles - better say translation, so no use from that either...

So you see, we all have some problems.  Undecided

Sorry I can`t help you, just like you can`t help me. That`s life... Good joke though.  Afro

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 01:47:55 AM by Bill Carson » Logged
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

Yeah, I think I've explained this before. . . I could theoretically by a lot of DVDs, but I need to save money for college and there are many movies I'd like to get (and books, for that matter). If I get DYS, I would be leaving out a lot of other movies I really want - Gandhi, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Roman Holliday, The Lion in Winter - and no, none of those movies are at a local rental store. I will get a job when I get to college, but for now I'm hosed. Tongue

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

Yeah, I think I've explained this before. . . I could theoretically by a lot of DVDs, but I need to save money for college and there are many movies I'd like to get (and books, for that matter). If I get DYS, I would be leaving out a lot of other movies I really want - Gandhi, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Roman Holliday, The Lion in Winter - and no, none of those movies are at a local rental store. I will get a job when I get to college, but for now I'm hosed. Tongue

I love all those films you listed Groggy, especially Roman Holiday. I'm a huge Audrey Hepburn fan. She was to die for, an incredible person as well. Gregory Peck was also the man, great, great actor. They were perfect together. If I were you though, I'd buy Duck, You Sucker first though just because of it's EPICNESS!

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 09:56:28 AM »

Know and feel what you're saying Grog.  Sometimes I feel like that Burgess Meredith character in Twilight Zone that just wants to read everything but doesn't have the time or resources do so.  Can insert films in there along with the books.  Have you checked out the audio visual materials in your public library?  A lot of times they have the films you reference in their collection.  You may have to settle for VHS tape in some instances, but that might not be such a bad thing.  My experience with rentals last few years has been that others also use the DVDs as beverage coasters not being respectful of things which do not belong to them, and being inconsiderate of other people that would like to rent after them.  Anyway, the library is a terrific resource to catch up on classic cinema.

The other thing would be Public Television and TCM.  Just the other night I was able to watch most of Cocteau's La Belle Et La Bete on PBS.  I would check out the weekend schedule of your local PBS station on computer.  

TCM runs Roman Holiday, Breakfast At Tiffany's, The Lion In Winter and Gandhi fairly regularly.  During the month of August, TCM has their Summer Under The Stars schedule.  I know you really like Peter O'Toole.  On 8/2, they'll be dedicating the day's schedule to him.  I know you've seen a lot of the films.  Just giving you a heads up in case you haven't seen one or wanted to see one over.  Here's what they're showing:

6:00 AM   The Sandpiper    (guess he has some kind of voiceover on this one, I don't remember that)
 8:15         Goodbye, Mr. Chips
11:00        Man Of La Mancha
  1:30 PM   Lawrence Of Arabia
  5:30        Night Of The Generals
  8:00        Becket
10:45        Lord Jim
  1:30 AM   Rosebud
  4:00        Brotherly Love
http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.jsp?startDate=8/2/2007&timezone=EST&cid=N

Check out the schedule before as well.  With the passing of Ingmar Bergman and Michelangelo Antonioni, they may tweak the schedule a bit.  I would imagine they may slip some of their films in very late or in the early morning slots even though they should be in prime time in my opinion.

Also in the fall on TCM....know you'll be quite busy with school.....  maybe someone could record for you....
9/29/07  Roman Holiday    8:00 PM
10/1/07  Gandhi                8:00 PM

Bill Carson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 12:01:36 AM »

Noodles_SlowStir - beautiful to see when someone makes an effort to help somebody of us here (in this case to Groggy). Great! All the best to you, buddy.  Afro

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 10:35:09 PM »

Screw you Groggy, it's worth $40.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM