Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 11:05:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  I'm pissed off!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm pissed off!  (Read 17785 times)
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 11:09:51 PM »

I bought Duck, You Sucker in the Sergio Leone Anthology for 50 bucks. I don't care what anyone says, four movies for 50 bucks is a damn good deal.

And I got Once Upon  a Time in the West for 7 dollars. Do I know how to find a good price or what?

Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 05:14:38 AM »

And I got Once Upon  a Time in the West for 7 dollars. Do I know how to find a good price or what?

My friend, I don`t know do you know who Dell Boy is, but you reminded me on him! Grin

Great deal! Afro

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 02:24:10 PM by Bill Carson » Logged
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 06:14:22 AM »

Thanks for your assistance. I'll definitely try to watch "Roman Holiday" or "Gandhi" since I'll likely have a TV (with cable!) in the dorm. The only problem with that might be that I have an evening class from 6-8:30 on Thursday ngiht, so. . . consults calender. . . probably would be okay, at least for "Roman Holiday".

The movie selection at the local library is rather limited. It is mostly VHS, and most of them are either recent films or old and fairly obscure ones. I do occasionally have problems with rental DVDs, for instance I rented the second "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie last weekend and it stopped every hour or so, which really pissed me off.

I watched part of "Lawrence of Arabia" and most of "Night of the Generals" on the Peter O'Toole day last week, but I didn't feel compelled to check out the musicals. Tongue If they'd shown "My Favorite Year" or "The Lion in Winter" I definitely would have watched. The problem I have with TCM is that they rarely show movies I want to see during the week. They do have a lot of movies I'd like to see on the weekend, when I'm doing stuff or when my family members are monopolizing the TVs. Tongue

Saturday nights with Groggy
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 10:17:29 AM »

You're welcome Groggy.  Sorry to hear your library didn't have more for you.  You are right about the TCM schedule sometimes.  For me, a lot of times seems like they program interesting things in the very early morning hours between 2-5 AM.  Particularly some of the films I'd like to catch on their TCM Imports programming.  Sometimes I get to see them, sometimes I tape them.....guess it all depends on my mindset at the time.  I do very much enjoy the channel.  If I'm not watching sports, news....usually TCM is on.

I think you're going to find when you're at school, they'll be showing films on campus.  Maybe you'll have some good opportunities there to see some things you've been wanting to see....along with great discussions with people in your dorm or classes.  

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:27:05 PM by Noodles_SlowStir » Logged

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 12:20:15 PM »

My friend, I don`t know do you know ho Dell Boy is, but you reminded me on him! Grin

Great deal! Afro

whatever happened to that kid? now it's all about the Mac kid.

Bill Carson
Gunslinger

Where`s that damn fly...!?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

whatever happened to that kid? now it's all about the Mac kid.

Sorry, I didn`t quite understood...  Undecided   Who or what is the "Mac kid"...?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »

You're welcome Groggy.  Sorry to hear your library didn't have more for you.  You are right about the TCM schedule sometimes.  For me, a lot of times seems like they program interesting things in the very early morning hours between 2-5 AM.  Particularly some of the films I'd like to catch on their TCM Imports programming.  Sometimes I get to see them, sometimes I tape them.....guess it all depends on my mindset at the time.  I do very much enjoy the channel.  If I'm not watching sports, news....usually TCM is on.

I think you're going to find when you're at school, they'll be showing films on campus.  Maybe you'll have some good opportunities there to see some things you've been wanting to see....along with great discussions with people in your dorm or classes.  

I think I mentioned on another thread, I'll be taking a course on Italian cinema my first semester at Pitt, including a study of Sergio's films, which will be loads of fun, I think (hope). Afro They're also covering other Spaghettis (I think they mentioned Corbucchi and Valeri) and some horror directors like Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento. Maybe even some Fellini, as well.

KevinJCBJK
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »

Sorry, I didn`t quite understood...  Undecided   Who or what is the "Mac kid"...?

Justin Long, he is an actor who starred in movies, and he is featured in Apple computer commercials.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 11:35:23 PM »

I think I mentioned on another thread, I'll be taking a course on Italian cinema my first semester at Pitt, including a study of Sergio's films, which will be loads of fun, I think (hope). Afro They're also covering other Spaghettis (I think they mentioned Corbucchi and Valeri) and some horror directors like Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento. Maybe even some Fellini, as well.
If you don't get some Zurlini or Olmi you're getting rooked. To say nothing of De Sica.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 06:01:51 AM »

I'm really surprised there are not any neorealistic directors. Huh On some other course maybe?

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 06:24:17 AM »

I don't remember the exact specifics of the films we're going to watch, those were just the one's that stuck in my mind. I couldn't get the course description to load on my computer.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »

I just bought it.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 01:58:05 PM »

I just bought it.

Duck, You Sucker that is? Go watch it again! Afro

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »

Which version is worth to buy? I saw in Austria a nice edition, it's two-disc and called special-collectors etc. Is it uncut, also has all scenes? (Of course in Hungary it's not on dvd...  Angry)

"Does this unit have a soul?"
KevinJCBJK
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 01:01:28 PM »

Which version is worth to buy? I saw in Austria a nice edition, it's two-disc and called special-collectors etc. Is it uncut, also has all scenes? (Of course in Hungary it's not on dvd...  Angry)

Sounds about right to me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM