Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 04:23:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?  (Read 31037 times)
Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2002, 02:02:27 PM »

Does any really know if Leone appears in a cameo role as the rail station ticket-seller in OUATIA or not?

I noticed on the main page of this site that there's a link to an image of Leone jutaxposed with a closeup of the ticket agent, and their noses look very different. Also, I suspect Leone was much heavier than the actor in the ticket booth, something not apparent from a closeup.

I don't think the agent is Leone, but the IMDb says otherwise. Can anyone sort this out with certainty?

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 09:52:06 PM »

Sergio Leone is, in fact,  the ticket agent at the counter.

The IMDB informatiom is accurate and this information was confirmed with the original press kit credits.

Concorde
Gunslinger

"Finally, I believe ONLY in dynamite...."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 05:34:44 AM »

Okay, I'll accept the presskit credits if they do in fact list Leone as playing the role; but I must protest that the IMDb credits are often far from accurate. Many a time I've personally corrected them. For instance, they once had the wrong music and songwriting credits for HOW THE WEST WAS WON. (I had to send them a jpeg of the soundtrack album to "prove" that Johnny Mercer wrote "What Was Your Name in the States?") They also listed Robert Conrad in the credits of the Will Smith WILD WILD WEST movie for weeks after the film was released, despite Conrad's many public rants that he'd been rudely excluded from the production.

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 06:23:04 AM »

I agree with your opinion with the inaccuracy of some of the data on IMDb, but I was refering to OUATIA exclusively.

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

I saw that seen today, and I'm pretty sure that it is NOT Sergio Leone.

The caracter speaks english very well and we know that Leone did not speak a single word in english (or did not want to!!!).

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 01:51:17 PM »

I can assure you that it IS Sergio Leone.

As for speaking English poorly, He only had a couple of lines and they may have been looped (ADR).

Stephen Pelletier
Webmaster
www.onceuponatimeinamerica.com

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 11:27:14 AM »

Stephen, do you agree that the actor who plays the ticket saler has nothing to do, physically, with Sergio Leone? Sergio was heavier (much heavier) than that actor.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
TBPJMR
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 11:59:57 AM »

Stephen Pelletier
Webmaster

Mr. Pelletier, I thank you very much to give me the opportunity to watch the trailer of OUTA, that I had never seen before. If I may help you for the construction of the site in anything please contact me.
Bye and bye

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 05:38:53 AM »

Stephen Pellettier is wrong to state that Sergio Leone plays the ticket collector in OUATIA.
Clearly, they are two completely different people of vastly different build and facial appearance.
As Webmaster of the OUATIA website, he really should get his facts right and not perpetuate these ridiculous myths.

At least Professor Christopher Frayling had the good grace to admit he was wrong regarding the similar canard that Sergio Leone plays a Hotel Clerk in CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES. Professor Frayling admitted that his mistake was made by viewing a very poor duped copy of the film, after listening to many so-far-insubstantiated stories about Leone playing the role.

So to make it clear: Sergio Leone does not play the Ticket Collector in any released version of OUATIA. Nor does he play the Hotel Clerk in any released version of CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES. The latter is played Chris Huerta. It would be interesting to find out who really plays the former.

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 05:08:09 PM »

It's unfortunate that you feel the way you do, but I stand by my statement.

If you're trying to sway public opinion, I suggest losing the pompous, arrogant atitude.

Stephen Pelletier

Stephen Pellettier is wrong to state that Sergio Leone plays the ticket collector in OUATIA.
Clearly, they are two completely different people of vastly different build and facial appearance.
As Webmaster of the OUATIA website, he really should get his facts right and not perpetuate these ridiculous myths.

At least Professor Christopher Frayling had the good grace to admit he was wrong regarding the similar canard that Sergio Leone plays a Hotel Clerk in CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES. Professor Frayling admitted that his mistake was made by viewing a very poor duped copy of the film, after listening to many so-far-insubstantiated stories about Leone playing the role.

So to make it clear: Sergio Leone does not play the Ticket Collector in any released version of OUATIA. Nor does he play the Hotel Clerk in any released version of CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES. The latter is played Chris Huerta. It would be interesting to find out who really plays the former.

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2003, 05:46:44 AM »

Accusations of pomposity and arrogance are no defense against the truth, Stephen.  They are usually the last defense of someone who is defending an untenable position.

But let's try it in a different way then:

I regret to inform you that Sergio Leone does not play the ticket collector in OUATIA.

Your humble and obedient savant, Halis.

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 12:55:02 PM »

Dear Llama,

Since you have failed to provide any concrete facts to disprove the web-widely accepted fact, I am in the process of trying to get an answer from the production company.  

If, or when I receive a reply, I will scan the reponse and post it.

Stephen Pelletier

Accusations of pomposity and arrogance are no defense against the truth, Stephen.  They are usually the last defense of someone who is defending an untenable position.

But let's try it in a different way then:

I regret to inform you that Sergio Leone does not play the ticket collector in OUATIA.

Your humble and obedient savant, Halis.

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 05:04:02 PM »

The concrete facts that show that Leone does not play the ticket collector are clearly evident in the comparison photographs that are available for everyone to see on this site.

1. The ticket collector has a smaller nose then Sergio. Make-up artists are capable of making noses bigger, but you need plastic surgeons to make them smaller.
Sergio's nose also hooks down over his upper lip, whereas the ticket collector's rounds off above the upper lip

2. The ticket collector's lips are thinner and wider than Sergio's.

3. The ticket collector's face is square and vertical, whereas Leone's has a distinct slope forwards from the forehead down, and is longer.

4. The ticket collector has a much more regular build than Sergio, who was getting seriously heavy at the time, as would be evident from examining any of the full-length shots taken on the set of OUATIA.

I cannot understand how anyone could possibly see those comparison photographs of Sergio on set and the ticket collector and believe that they are one and the same person.

Now what's your "concrete evidence" ? So far it seems to consist of you saying "Sergio Leone is, in fact,  the ticket agent at the counter", and "I can assure you that it IS Sergio Leone." Plus you being nasty to me because I disagree with you.

I notice you did not reply to shorty larsen, who also raised questions about the relative build of the two people in question, and asked:"Stephen, do you agree that the actor who plays the ticket saler has nothing to do, physically, with Sergio Leone? Sergio was heavier (much heavier) than that actor."
You probably didn't reply, because shorty's assertion is inarguable - Sergio WAS much heavier than that actor.

By the way, my name is not Llama, as you clearly know. My name is Halis.
Any more rudeness from you, and the gloves are off.

I should remind you that rudeness is another well-known tactic of the man whose credibility is crumbling fast. That's you.

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 05:28:14 PM »

Dear Llama,

You may be right, but opinions are like assholes.

I believe this mystery can be solved from a response from the production company.

I should remind you that grandiloquence is another well-known tactic of the man whose credibility is crumbling fast.  That's you, my ruminant mammal.

The Pugilist

The concrete facts that show that Leone does not play the ticket collector are clearly evident in the comparison photographs that are available for everyone to see on this site.

1. The ticket collector has a smaller nose then Sergio. Make-up artists are capable of making noses bigger, but you need plastic surgeons to make them smaller.
Sergio's nose also hooks down over his upper lip, whereas the ticket collector's rounds off above the upper lip

2. The ticket collector's lips are thinner and wider than Sergio's.

3. The ticket collector's face is square and vertical, whereas Leone's has a distinct slope forwards from the forehead down, and is longer.

4. The ticket collector has a much more regular build than Sergio, who was getting seriously heavy at the time, as would be evident from examining any of the full-length shots taken on the set of OUATIA.

I cannot understand how anyone could possibly see those comparison photographs of Sergio on set and the ticket collector and believe that they are one and the same person.

Now what's your "concrete evidence" ? So far it seems to consist of you saying "Sergio Leone is, in fact,  the ticket agent at the counter", and "I can assure you that it IS Sergio Leone." Plus you being nasty to me because I disagree with you.

I notice you did not reply to shorty larsen, who also raised questions about the relative build of the two people in question, and asked:"Stephen, do you agree that the actor who plays the ticket saler has nothing to do, physically, with Sergio Leone? Sergio was heavier (much heavier) than that actor."
You probably didn't reply, because shorty's assertion is inarguable - Sergio WAS much heavier than that actor.

By the way, my name is not Llama, as you clearly know. My name is Halis.
Any more rudeness from you, and the gloves are off.

I should remind you that rudeness is another well-known tactic of the man whose credibility is crumbling fast. That's you.

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 05:34:03 PM »

Settle down and play nice boys. Remember, Stephen, I'm a llama too.
now, Halis-I agree-the photo does not look like Leone, esp. the nose. And as you said, that's pretty much undoctorable by makeup. On the other hand, I thought your post referring to Mr P as a purveyor of fraud was a bit insulting and I can see where it would get his hackles up.
Play nice or you'll be playing with yourselves. Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM