Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:18:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?  (Read 31660 times)
Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2003, 06:01:26 AM »

Dear Visitor,
My first post did not refer to Mr Pellettier as a "purveyor of fraud". I said "As Webmaster of the OUATIA website, he really should get his facts right and not perpetuate these ridiculous myths."
As anyone who understands the English Language should be aware, "perpetuating myths" is not the same as "purveying fraud" and was not meant to be. I felt that a person of Mr Pelletier's standing should be in possession of the facts rather than supporting wild and unsubstantiated claims. And quite frankly, once anyone has studied the comparison photographs, which were displayed for years on the old Leone site, it becomes impossible to imagine how anyone could think that Leone was the ticket seller.

Now if my first post was considered insulting, then I will apologise for the tone. However, even though I then resorted to humbler tones, Mr Pellettier did not. He has upped the abuse with each subsequent post, becoming more rude and personal in his attacks.
I asked him to stop calling me Llama, but he still persists.
So I guess the gloves are off now:

Dear Stephen Pratt. It's not just opinions that are like assholes. Some people too. You're one of them.

You're obviously so big and important that you can't cope with any suggestion that you might be wrong. It's just going to be so hard for you when you finally do have to eat humble pie. Although I doubt that you're man enough to know how to apologise.

Now stop calling me a Llama, and I'll stop calling you a Pratt, even if you are one.

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2003, 01:04:10 PM »

All,

I whipped out the DVD and did a bunch of captures and after alot of cutting, pasting and zooming it looks more and more like the Ticket Master may not be Sergio Leone.

What I found to be a surprising coincidence is that the both the Ticket Master and Leone have a small mole on the right side of the nose, but not in the exact same location.

What bothers me is why this individual wasn't credited.

I will be sending inquiries to Tribeca (Robert De Niro) and New Regency (Arnon Milchan) and see if they can reply with an answer, although I probably have a better chance of getting killed in a terrorist attack.

Stephen "Prat" Pelletier

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2003, 02:08:39 PM »

Stephen, do you have the BFI Modern Classics book  on OUATIA by Adrian Martin? There's a fairly extensive credit list in there - the longest I've seen - by Julian Grainger and  Markku Salmi. The ticket-seller is not mentioned, but there is a credit for a "News-stand man".
Can you think of a News-stand man in the movie, or do you think this possibly may refer to the ticket-seller?
Both a ticket-seller and a News-stand man work in kiosks don't they? So maybe the actual role of the ticket-seller in the movie may have been mistranscribed as "News-stand man." It's a long shot, but worth a thought.
The News-stand man is played by Alexander Godfrey.

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2003, 02:17:50 PM »

Semantics dear Halis are also a refuge, and you first post was demeaning and insulting. You did not attempt to engage in discussion, but to belittle.
Your tone in the subsequent posting was dismissive and condescending.
Your next post was threatening.
This post was reminiscent of the old board and why it went downhill. Cry Cry

Dear Stephen Pratt. It's not just opinions that are like assholes. Some people too. You're one of them.

You're obviously so big and important that you can't cope with any suggestion that you might be wrong. It's just going to be so hard for you when you finally do have to eat humble pie. Although I doubt that you're man enough to know how to apologise.

Now stop calling me a Llama, and I'll stop calling you a Pratt, even if you are one.

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2003, 02:52:11 PM »

I've apologised for the tone of my first post. What more do you want?
And what's it to you anyway?
And since when have you become the moral arbiter on this board of what's acceptable and what isn't.

I have no further wish to exchange insults with Stephen Pellettier, as my last posting demonstrates.

And I don't have to justify myself to a troublemaking ass like you.
Everything you have written so far is a personal attack on me, which adds nothing to the discussion.

It's trolls like you that ruined the previous board.

Now go away, unless you have something intelligent to add about the controversy over whether or not Sergio Leone plays the ticket-seller in OUATIA

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2003, 03:19:15 PM »

Visitor, you're not the right person to talk about semantics ant tone.

How could you adopt a neutral and moral position, you who despites all that is situated to the south of Rio Grande?

You're attitude is more like a John Wayne one, the macho "big stick". I regret to inform you that we're not in an american western web site, but in a spaghetti one.

You shoul create you're own John Wayne site where you will be able to laugh of anybody who's not like John Wayne.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2003, 04:38:40 PM »

This is kinda fun...  Could anybody, maybe Mr Pelletier, at least put an image of the scene or so on this board?  Maybe put a poll and asks who thinks it is Leone or not?  

« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 04:41:19 PM by Il Buono » Logged

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2003, 04:48:20 PM »

Il Buono-go to the main board, click on "Sergio Leone Images" and you will find a "Sergio/OUATIA Ticketmaster"( This is  not for getting tickets to his latest film, the restored GOOD BAD UGLY-showing in select cities Smiley) There are side by side shots of the director and the actor.

Il Buono
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2003, 05:06:22 PM »

That is so not Sergio Leone.  Maybe it could be Spielberg? Grin

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2003, 05:17:25 PM »

Halis,

Yes, I do have the book and will look at it tonight.
The "news-stand man" may be key to unlock the mystery.

Stephen Pelletier

Stephen, do you have the BFI Modern Classics book  on OUATIA by Adrian Martin? There's a fairly extensive credit list in there - the longest I've seen - by Julian Grainger and  Markku Salmi. The ticket-seller is not mentioned, but there is a credit for a "News-stand man".
Can you think of a News-stand man in the movie, or do you think this possibly may refer to the ticket-seller?
Both a ticket-seller and a News-stand man work in kiosks don't they? So maybe the actual role of the ticket-seller in the movie may have been mistranscribed as "News-stand man." It's a long shot, but worth a thought.

Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2003, 05:20:38 PM »

It just dawned on me that the "news-stand man" is more than likely the man who had his new-stand set on fire by the boys.

Stephen

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2003, 06:14:36 PM »

Il Buono, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. Grin
That is so not Sergio Leone.  Maybe it could be Spielberg? Grin

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2003, 08:25:16 AM »

It just dawned on me that the "news-stand man" is more than likely the man who had his new-stand set on fire by the boys.

Stephen

Okay, I said it was a long shot, and that was one scene I didn't remember.
Guess we have to wait to see if you get any replies from the production company as to who really plays the ticket-seller.
We now agree it's not Leone, but knowing the actor's name would solidify matters.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2003, 05:26:39 PM »

Yes we should keep things a bit civilized, here, and try and analyze things out before we shoot from the hip. As with Manhattan Bridge/Williamsburg Bridge, we know that nobody is infallible even the press kit may get things wrong.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Il Buono
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2003, 09:08:59 AM »

Il Buono, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. Grin

Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM