Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 06:31:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?  (Read 31691 times)
Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2003, 03:47:38 PM »

Yes we should keep things a bit civilized, here, and try and analyze things out before we shoot from the hip. As with Manhattan Bridge/Williamsburg Bridge, we know that nobody is infallible even the press kit may get things wrong.

I can see how my initial posting to Stephen Pelletier may be perceived as "shooting from the hip", but I was genuinely shocked that anybody who had seen those comparison photographs would make the mistake of thinking that the ticket seller could possibly be Leone.
Those pictures were posted years ago on the old board, and I was under the assumption that the matter had been fully talked out and the idea that Sergio was the ticket seller had been firmly buried way back then.
So I join the new board, and almost immediately the first thing I see is some dude claiming that he can assure people that the ticket seller IS Sergio Leone.
Talk about Trinity voit rouge!!!!

Anyway, I've calmed down now. But it's a pleasure to see all you fair-minded folks striving for civilized behaviour. Let's hope you all stick to the high standards that I apparently failed to meet. I've got all your names, so I'll be keeping tabs  Cool

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2003, 03:57:41 PM »

Like I said, I never thought it looked lke him either.  I would have thought being shot in the '80's and some
shot in the USA under some sort of SAG rules that
there would be more thorough cast listing.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2003, 08:09:08 PM »

It would be interesting to trace the source of the rumor, if possible, to see its origin.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Stephen Pelletier
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2003, 09:44:39 PM »

It may be quite possible because the individual wasn't a member of SAG (at the time of release) that prevented him from being credited.

In related news, the script that I have (1982/David Mills) doesn't even have that ticket master scene.  Rather than a train ride, Noodles gets a lift from a trucker.  

Stephen Pelletier

Like I said, I never thought it looked lke him either.  I would have thought being shot in the '80's and some
shot in the USA under some sort of SAG rules that
there would be more thorough cast listing.

Garry Cowell
Bandido

Did you bring a horse for me?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2003, 10:08:44 AM »

I'm actually genuinely disturbed that people on this forum think that Leone played the ticket master.

It's not like it's a tiny tiny cameo like the one people thought Kubrick did in Eyes Wide Shut - this is a speaking part, with a guy who looks nothing like Leone other than him wearing a beard and glasses. Roll Eyes

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2003, 12:38:41 PM »

Yes,  my point exactly. Are these not the photographs that are already available to view on this board?

The current state of play is that Stephen Pelletier, who was originally convinced that Sergio Leone was the ticket collector, has now gracefully admitted that he was in error, and has written to the production company to find out exactly who is the actor playing the ticket collector.
It is generally now felt that finding the name of the actor would bring closure to this once contentious argument.

Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2003, 04:52:56 PM »

You know, it's funny, but that ticket-collector looks more like Henry Fonda than Sergio Leone.
Should I start a rumour?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2003, 07:21:46 PM »

You know, it's funny, but that ticket-collector looks more like Henry Fonda than Sergio Leone.
Should I start a rumour?

LOL!  Grin

I haven't seen OUATIA yet, but still, that is definitely not Sergio.

Saturday nights with Groggy
visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2003, 07:25:05 PM »

Should I start a rumour?

My 10th grade history teacher(Sister Mary Gertrude)

Benny Hill on chemo

Saddam after the surgery(I'd like those bastards to find me now!!!!!!)

Hey Blondie
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2003, 08:26:10 PM »

It really depends when that scene was filmed because lets face it with the exception of the nose and weight the ticket seller and Sergio Leone look a-like.

And both IMDb and AMC have said that the ticket seller is Sergio Leone.

Now I saw a documentary on Leone where it says that he became very ill during and after filming. So perhaps it depends when the scene was filmed I guess.

When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk!
gmi3804
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2003, 09:45:20 AM »

For what it's worth, Richard Schickel on the DVD commentary doesn't metion that the ticket seller is Leone.  It certainly does look a lot like him, but the actor is a lot thinner than Leone.

Beejerama
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2003, 08:10:10 AM »

Added to which...Leone has a distinctive mole above his left nostril (clearly visible in the stills of him in the "Once Upon A Time" 20 minute documentary feature on the DVD)  No mole on the ticket seller...

Beejerama
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2003, 08:11:18 AM »

(sorry...RIGHT nostril...)

Pesci
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2003, 10:08:07 AM »

Sergio Leone definately IS the ticket seller.

I watched the scene carefully again and I recognized that the ticket seller has the same "point" on his nose like Leone had (look at his image on the banner on this site). The nose is also the same, I think.

But it's really true that the ticket-seller is very thin.
Leone was at that time very fat. I don't know anything about this, but Leone is the ticket-seller.

Pesci

"When you've been betrayed by a friend you hit back."
Halis
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2003, 02:45:55 AM »

Sergio Leone does NOT play the ticket seller in ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA.

People who say he does, are either very unfamiliar with how Sergio Looks, pitifully deluded or mischievous.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM