Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 08:47:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Leone the ticket-seller or not?  (Read 31088 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2003, 05:25:30 AM »

This topic is like Dracula you can not keep it in the coffin!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
guybrush
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2003, 07:23:00 AM »

This topic is like Dracula you can not keep it in the coffin!
...which is quite incredible...
1) the only thing they have in common is the beard.
2) Sergio could hardly speak 3 words in a row in English,  whereas the actor playing the ticket-seller clearly speaks his own language with his own voice.
3) when the film was shot Sergio was weighing twice as much,
4) ticket-seller's lips are thin, Sergio's are rather fleshy
5) not to mention their eyes of two completely different colors

and now someone will open a topic saying the ticket-seller was Sergio's brother...

Thank God I'm an atheist
---
“What have you done all this time?”
“Going to bed early.”
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2003, 08:20:49 AM »

and now someone will open a topic saying the ticket-seller was Sergio's brother...

LOL!  Undecided I'm sure someone would be stupid enough to think that.

This is IMO like the conspiracy theories on the JFK Assassination (here's another can of worms): outwardly, it seems credible, but if you have the brains to look deeper, than it falls apart.  I'm sure few agree with me on that topic, if I was to say Oswald acted alone.  Off-topic I know, I was just making an analogy.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Hippieoddball1
Bandido

Life is funnier than shit.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2003, 08:21:42 AM »

It's pretty obvious it isn't sergio, the basic thing is, it looks nothing like him.

The reason you became a priest is because you were too much of a coward to do what i do.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2005, 05:25:52 PM »

It's not Sergio.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »

At the risk of stirring this can of worms up...

I know that Leone does not play the ticket seller, but I think he does look a tiny bit like him, in the same way that Stieger looks a tiny bit like him in GIU LA TESTA. Indeed Steiger even copied some of Leone's mannerism's into his performance.

Which leads me to my point. In the end credits is a character called "Adorable Old Man", played by Joey Faye. Now I have searched my memory of this film, which I've seen over and over again, and can't think who the hell this could be.

He may have been in a deleted scene, but who is the "Adorable" one?

Could it be the screen credit for the ticket seller? Could it be a bit of joke that he is "adorable" and looks a bit like Leone too? I find it very odd that the news stand man is credited, when all he does is scream in a long shot, where as the ticket seller gets close ups and dialogue and seemingly has no credit.

The main thing wrong with theory is that Joey Faye would have been in his early seventies during production, but some folks look good for their age. Leone was in his early 50's and looks much older.

By the way, the guy playing the character in the "modern" location in the same place was a terrible actor in comparason, I thought, the way he quizzically stares at Noodles with his head cocked to one side as De Nero fills a form out is very annoying.

This may have been brought up before, and if so I'm sorry. Haven't had time yet to get through the vast amount of info on the board.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 07:24:10 PM by Juan Miranda » Logged

Johny_Exhale
Bandido

"Now, I believe only in dynamite"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2005, 12:34:56 PM »

lmao at this topic

haha no its not sergio, sergio is like twice that guy, i remember the ticket seller being rather skinny, they got the same glasses though i think, and white beard

200.000 Dollars is alotta money
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2005, 06:41:58 PM »

Yeah, but who is the "Adorable Old Man"? Huh

roberti
Bandido

Jamais personne ne t'aimera comme je t'aime

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2006, 06:28:13 PM »

there is no point starting this kind of topic if you are not physionomist.The ticket man is not Leone. But as any other director, Leone liked playing with the audience, creating that kind of funny illusion. it is exactly the same with the sound in the train station when Noodles found the empty suitcase. The very first train whistle is the first note of the OUATIA soundtrack theme. Cinema is illusion.
However the taxi driver ( rape scene) is definitaly the guy who financed the movie!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 06:31:02 PM by roberti » Logged

Ton nombril est une belle coupe arrondie ou jamais le vin ne manque, ton ventre est une vallee de ble entouree de lys, tes seins sont des grappes de raisin mur, ta bouche a la douceur de la pomme.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2006, 02:18:30 PM »

Anyone know where Mario Brega is in this movie? He's listed under the credits as Mandy but I don't remember any character in this movie called Mandy.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »

The big heavy set gangster at the beginning searching for Noodles,  if you ever saw The Great Silence you'll see him without the beard, then you'll recognise him.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »

Yeah, but who is the "Adorable Old Man"? (the record's stuck... stuck... stuck...)

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2006, 09:01:44 PM »

I'm not sure but in my opinion he could be two people:

a) The drunken old man Noodles and Max try to swindle near the beginning of the film.

b) The man who looks quite shocked when the herse is shaking wildly and Max says " Turning over in thier grave. Happens all the time. "

P.S. - I saw Brega in TGS, Cigar Joe but I don't think the guy in the beginning is him. He doesn't look too much like him but I haven't seen the movie in a while.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2006, 05:44:39 AM »

Here's a image of Brega, now picture him with gray hair, a gray coat, and a gray fedora.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:12:21 PM by cigar joe » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2006, 12:15:42 AM »

He certainly looks like the heavy-set guy looking for Noodles at the beginning of the film. I see over on another thread that Grandpa Chum is saying that that gangster is NOT Brega. As much as I hate to disagree with the venerable Gramps (because on statements of cinematic fact he's usually right), I think in this case he is certainly wrong. The guy at the beginning of OUATIA who is looking for Noodles is Brega.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM