Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:21:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Acquasanta Joe (1971)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Acquasanta Joe (1971)  (Read 2559 times)
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2007, 05:54:10 PM »

Another one of the "hard to sit through spaghettis". I couldn't disagree more. It's bad, but it's enjoyable. Harrison shows signs of life (for once) in a comic bad guy performance. The star Lincoln Tate seems to be going through puberty at the tender age of, what looks to be, 35 since his voice cracks suddenly every few minutes. It's probably his dubbers fault though.

The best character, I thought, was the country bumpkin type villain played by Ty Hardin.

The villain's girlfriend (Silvia Monelli) is sexy but her english dubber doesn't match her body.

The story is pretty neat, bandits steal a confedrate cannon to use against bank safes during a hold up. Bounty Hunter Aquasante Joe aims to bring them down and collect the hefty bounty. Unfortunatly the story goes nowhere and is lost half-way through the film. It later becomes a back stab movie.
There is a neat climax pitting the hero against a baddie weilding the stolen cannon.

I really wish I could agree with everybody but I have seen far worse.

Worth a look.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 07:54:08 PM »

I moderately liked it. Only big liability is the protagonist: too wooden. But Hardin makes up for it by giving an excellent performance. And the score (by Giombini): those absolutely peculiar tunes with the electric guitar, kinda soul kinda hard rock. Maybe they have little to do with the images but they are good anyway. 6\10.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »

Sat through this again because I have a Ty Hardin interview coming up in June and I had to scrounge for questions.
Still holds up since the first viewing although I think it's got some boring bits like the subplot about the money being hidden in Harrison's mother's coffin.
In fact, I don't believe that subplot was ever resolved. As the movie progresses the money is forgotten and it just becomes a back stab flick.
The soundtrack is better than I remembered. In one scene it borrows a track from Sartana Kills Them All.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 09:33:39 PM »

I think the movie is OK; entertaining but nothing exceptional. The Sergeant scene with the cannon fight towards the end of the movie is one of the best scenes, and it reminds me a bit of the Tuco-Blondie cannon-fight in GBU.

I would not buy that movie, but I would gladly watch it if rented or "borrowed from a friend"  Wink DVD.

6/10

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM