Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:21:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your cast for a remake
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your cast for a remake  (Read 40994 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2003, 05:06:02 PM »

Okay, I do NOT want to be sacriligeous, but IF this film was remade (I pray to God it'll never happen), who should be cast as whom?  This was a fun thread on the IMDb, hopefully the Leone purists here won't take offense to it.  Undecided

D: Steven Spielberg (he's a Leone buff, and he's made films on a similar scale before)
M: ?

MAJOR CAST:
Monica Belucchi (Jill McBain)
William B. Davis (Frank)
Will Patton (Cheyenne)
Antonio Banderas (Harmonica)
Martin Sheen (Mr. Morton)
Robert Easton (Sam)
Michael Madsen (Snaky, 1st Gunman)
Samuel L. Jackson (Stony, 2nd Gunman)
Robert Carlyle (Knuckles, 3rd Gunman)
John Spencer (Sheriff of Flagstone)
Aidan Quinn (Brett McBain)
Jerry Hardin (Bartender)
Adam Baldwin (Jim, Frank's lieutenant)
Oliver Platt (Wobbles)
Benicio Del Toro (Cheyenne's Lieutenant)

CAMEOS:
John Carpenter (Member of Frank's gang shot through Cheyenne's boot)
Sir Christopher Frayling (Man at Funeral)
Robert Rodriguez (Member of Cheyenne's gang)
Quentin Tarantino (Sweetwater Assassin)
Peter Fonda (Flagstone Barman)

OTHER ROLES:
Train Guards (during Train shoot-out, if not aforementioned)
Mitch Pileggi
Chris Owens
Karl Pruner

FLAGSTONE GUNMEN:
Nicholas Lea
Brian Thompson
Joerg Stadler (I know he's a German but why not?)
Ed Burns

Members of Cheyenne's gang:
Carlos Gallardo
Darren E. Burrows

Other Sweetwater Assassin:
John Terrence

The IMDb, if it's of interest, is: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/board/nest/100912

I have/like a lot of the ideas about Frank/Harmonica/Cheyenne, and love to tinker with them.  

Saturday nights with Groggy
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 09:19:21 AM »

Frank: Christopher Walken or of course Clint Eastwood
Armonica: Huh can you really imagine anybody else than Bronson?
Jill: Catherine Zeta Jones (even if she isn't a great actress)
Cheyenne: Sean Connery
Morton: Huh

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
KERMIT
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 09:56:06 AM »

noodles: walken/eastwood
               cheyanne/conery
                           Wink
groggy:  banderas/harmonica
              sheen/ mr. morton
earlier cj mentioned s. martian cast in a sellers role OLNY sellers could pull off. (hope i'm wrong for steve)
he also mention that sooner or later hollywood might release a "new" GB&U  Tongue
i know the subject is on OUATITW but i need some help over here. my pb is as follows. what YOUNG saleable,hot
actor gets the opportunity to sink his teath into outdoing walach? j. depp ? and angel eyes ? christian slater ?
and now back to OUATITW~~~~ Wink
IMDB thread a hoot   Grin

« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 10:27:50 AM by KERMIT » Logged
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 03:50:23 PM »

noodles: walken/eastwood
               cheyanne/conery
                           Wink
groggy:  banderas/harmonica
              sheen/ mr. morton
earlier cj mentioned s. martian cast in a sellers role OLNY sellers could pull off. (hope i'm wrong for steve)
he also mention that sooner or later hollywood might release a "new" GB&U  Tongue
i know the subject is on OUATITW but i need some help over here. my pb is as follows. what YOUNG saleable,hot
actor gets the opportunity to sink his teath into outdoing walach? j. depp ? and angel eyes ? christian slater ?
and now back to OUATITW~~~~ Wink
IMDB thread a hoot   Grin

Johnny Depp as Tuco?  That might be worth a laugh!  Grin

Actually, I like the idea of Robert Redford as Frank - I just put Bill because he's too easy to imagine in the role.  I'm not really going for shock value, so much as quality here.  Davis has no real screen exposure outside of "The X-Files", so I'd like him for the role.  (I also would love to see Bill and Sheen play off each other, that would be too cool.  Grin)

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 03:54:19 PM »

Frank: Christopher Walken or of course Clint Eastwood
Armonica: Huh can you really imagine anybody else than Bronson?
Jill: Catherine Zeta Jones (even if she isn't a great actress)
Cheyenne: Sean Connery
Morton: Huh

Clint Eastwood as Frank?  Shocked That would be interesting.
Harmonica: Not really, but there are some great suggestions out there.  Other choices by me would include Robert Patrick and Lance Henriksen.
Cheyenne: I think Connery's too old.  He'd be cool, don't get me wrong, but I don't know if a 70-80 year old bandit would be that plausible.  (I know I'm some what hypocritical in regards to Frank, but . . . never mind.)
Jill: I love Claudia so much, it's next to impossible to pick a replacement for her.  Zeta-Jones and Belucci (sp.?) are my top two choices.

PlasmaSMP
Road Apple

Il Magnifico Mercenario

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 01:33:21 AM »

I'm usually a lurker on the board, but when I saw you mention Antonio Banderas for the part of harmonica, I wanted to give you a fistful of (lit) dynamite.

Banderas is one the worst actors in the history of cinema. The mere fact that people want to see him in more pictures is bad enough, the fact that some people equate him with Clint Eastwood is blasphemy, but for a Leone fan to want him to play the most important part in a remake of this film only confirms the fact that this country has gone to hell, and that this sentence is far too long.  

youtube.com/eyepatchtv
PlasmaSMP
Road Apple

Il Magnifico Mercenario

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 01:39:58 AM »

Ah, I only skimmed the first post, I did not see the other garbage that it contained.

Spielberg as the Director!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh!!! That would be the day I hung myself.

Quientin Tarratino cameo, only if that hack gets hacked to death.

A Baldwin in the picture? Will this film be the spawn of Satan himself.  Hell, maybe they ought to launch Sergio into space at the premiere, so Antonio can blow a kiss at his flying corpse.

youtube.com/eyepatchtv
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 04:52:11 AM »

Ah, I only skimmed the first post, I did not see the other garbage that it contained.

Spielberg as the Director!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh!!! That would be the day I hung myself.

Who do you suggest then?

Quientin Tarratino cameo, only if that hack gets hacked to death.

Don't worry, he's one of the guys who Harmonica kills when he "visits" Jill on the Sweetwater ranch.  Grin

A Baldwin in the picture? Will this film be the spawn of Satan himself.  Hell, maybe they ought to launch Sergio into space at the premiere, so Antonio can blow a kiss at his flying corpse.

Look pal: first off, it's only a small role; he has maybe four, five minutes of screen time before Cheyenne kills him off.  And second of all, just FYI, Adam Baldwin is of no relation to Alec/William/Daniel/Stephen/Zeppo/etc.  Look him up on the IMDb yourself.

I agree that this film never should be remade, but unless you've got better suggestions, I suggest you keep your mouth shut.

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 05:28:45 AM »

groggy says:

"I agree that this film never should be remade, but unless you've got better suggestions, I suggest you keep your mouth shut. "

I've a better suggestion...
I agree with PLASMA MAN... why even suggest remaking this film. It was never made for the story or to feature the performers, it was made as a visual and aural treat.
If you don't think that's true, look at the genesis of the film...the multiple writers, the original casting options pursued by Leone, writing/recording  the music in preproduction.

Remaking it , or even suggesting a remake  is an insult to Sergio Leone and Tonino Delli Colli and Ennio Morricone.

ps: you can't trust imdb.com any farther than you can throw your cpu.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 05:55:09 AM »

groggy says:

"I agree that this film never should be remade, but unless you've got better suggestions, I suggest you keep your mouth shut. "

I've a better suggestion...
I agree with PLASMA MAN... why even suggest remaking this film. It was never made for the story or to feature the performers, it was made as a visual and aural treat.
If you don't think that's true, look at the genesis of the film...the multiple writers, the original casting options pursued by Leone, writing/recording  the music in preproduction.

Remaking it , or even suggesting a remake  is an insult to Sergio Leone and Tonino Delli Colli and Ennio Morricone.

ps: you can't trust imdb.com any farther than you can throw your cpu.

Waddya mean "You can't trust imdb.com"?  

All I was doing was saying IF this film was going to be remade, who would you want in it?  The thread (I correctly labeled) was an OPINION thread, by users of the site.  Fortunately, OUATITW is not being remade (yet), though given recent developments in cinema it may be eventually.  THAT was what I was asking.

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 06:11:24 AM »

old saw-be careful what you ask for Tongue

profile page from
IMDB.com of Antonio Ruiz, who played the young shyster that tried to snooker Clint-note DOB. He was about twelve in the the film, 1921 would have made him older than Clint, and from what I understand, he's very much alive.

Antonio Ruiz (I)    
Add estate info  Date of birth (location)
4 November 1921
Sevilla, Andalucía, Spain
Date of death (details)
5 February 1996
Madrid, Spain.

Antonio Ruiz
Actor - filmography

Villa Rides (1968) .... Juan
Día después de agosto, Un (1968) .... Folkloric group member
... aka One Day After August (1968) (International: informal title English title)
Long Duel, The (1967) .... Munnu
Muerte cumple condena, La (1966)
... aka 100.000 dollari per Lassiter (1966) (Italy)
... aka Centomila dollari per Lassiter (1966) (Italy)
... aka Dollars for a Fast Gun (1966)
... aka One Hundred Thousand Dollars for Lassiter (1966) (USA)
Per qualche dollaro in più (1965) (uncredited) .... Fernando
... aka For a Few Dollars More (1967) (UK) (USA)
... aka Für ein paar Dollar mehr (1966) (West Germany)
... aka For Some Dollars More (1965) (International: English title)
... aka Muerte tenía un precio, La (1966) (Spain)
... aka Por unos cuantos dólares más (1966) (Spain)
... aka Por unos pocos dólares más (1966) (Spain)

Angel Eyes
Bandido

I'll ask the questions!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2003, 10:03:56 AM »

I'm usually a lurker on the board, but when I saw you mention Antonio Banderas for the part of harmonica, I wanted to give you a fistful of (lit) dynamite.

Banderas is one the worst actors in the history of cinema. The mere fact that people want to see him in more pictures is bad enough, the fact that some people equate him with Clint Eastwood is blasphemy, but for a Leone fan to want him to play the most important part in a remake of this film only confirms the fact that this country has gone to hell, and that this sentence is far too long.  

I agree, he was terrible in Once Upon a Time in Mexico (only Johnny Depp ,and my large cola with extra large salted popcorn, stopped me walking out of the cinema).

Raimi to direct, and Bruce Campbell as Frank.

sorry!

Nothing but a rotten son of a...
Chicken Thief

But you don't look like the one who'll collect it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2003, 12:34:44 PM »

Fist of all: no damn remake!  Angry

I hate remakes (in particular of any Leone movie).

If (and that is a pretty darn big "if") a remake is made I say Johnny Depp as Harmonica. Banderas is at any rate one big no-no.

Points for Belucchi as Jill.

KERMIT
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2003, 01:55:28 PM »

good subject:
ie. YOUR cast for a remake.
i'm having fun with it.   Grin

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2003, 03:44:33 PM »

good subject:
ie. YOUR cast for a remake.
i'm having fun with it.   Grin

Thanks Kermit, for understanding my intention.  As I've said, I have a lot of choices for Harmonica.  But anyway, I agree, this film should never be remade, period, irregardless of who, where, what, when, etc.  This was just supposed to be a fun topic, and I did anticipate that hardcore Leone fans would react negatively.  I agree on that score.  Just don't take this so seriously, please.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM