Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 10:08:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your cast for a remake
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your cast for a remake  (Read 40989 times)
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2004, 12:09:27 PM »

HARMONICA, without a doubt would have to be played by A. MARTINEZ. A neglected but terrific actor best remembered as CIMARRON in the JOHN WAYNE starrer THE COWBOYS (1972). Hell, he even looks like BRONSON.
FRANK. To my mind would have to be played by MICHAEL PARKS. I say this after watching his spectacular return to form in KILL BILL (1 and 2). And if not him, how about CHRISTOPHER JONES?
And would love to see SPACEY in the role of MORTON.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 12:13:44 PM by Belkin » Logged

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
Half Soldier
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2004, 01:30:54 PM »

Abi Titmus as Jill

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2005, 06:34:23 AM »

WOW!  I'd almost forgotten about this thread and I'm still amazed at how many replies it got!  Shocked

Saturday nights with Groggy
Alan Shearer 9
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2005, 05:45:47 PM »

arnold swarchennegger should be frank, because quite FRANKly he is a great actor and everyone's used to him being the goodygoody man so it would be spine chilling to see him in the role

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2005, 12:25:23 PM »

Shocked

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2007, 07:28:17 AM »

Director: Giuseppe Tornatore - italian of course!

Jill: Monica Bellucci, right!
Frank: Harrison Ford! He's always a good guy. He'll be as shocking as Fonda, if he played a colt-blood child killer.
Harmonica: I don't now. Is there any actor with a lion's like? Bronson always looked me as a noble lion  Smiley hm. I mean, Sean Bean could play him. Smiley
Cheyenne: what about Geoffrey Rush? He's a very colorful actor.
Morton: Robert Duvall
Wobbles: Vincent D'Onofrio

3 men waiting the train:
Joe Mantegna (fly...)
Samuel L. Jackson, great
John Martino (he was Paulie Gatto)

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Catriona
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2007, 03:06:27 PM »

There are realy going to be a remake, if so that will be awesome. When it is being made and released, anyone know ??

Catriona xXx   Cheesy

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2007, 05:19:23 AM »

no, it would be an atrocity Angry

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2007, 04:45:32 PM »

Director: Giuseppe Tornatore - italian of course!

Frank: Harrison Ford! He's always a good guy. He'll be as shocking as Fonda, if he played a colt-blood child killer.
You've got a good thought there, but I think an even better candidate would be Tom Hanks.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2007, 07:55:50 PM »

Frank: Tom Hanks
Harmonica: The Rock
Cheyenne: John C. McGinley
Jill: I would cast an unknown
Morton: Harvey Keitel
Wobbles: Jack Black, lol

3 Men: John C. Riley, Steve Buscemi & Morgan Freeman

If West was to be remade, I would vomit. This was just for fun.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2007, 04:59:03 PM »

I am not that much of a fan of a remake in fact perfection can never be replaced with a shoddy product.
As I have said before if they the movie men are gonna do a remake of a leone someday it would have to be GBU.
I have read with intrest all the post here and the combinations of actors from our modern era and to be Frank with you none of them have the stature or talent to pull it off.
In a lot of ways it is easier to look back at the period the movie was made in and pick other actors that could have done the job like Gregory Peck as Frank, Kirk Douglas as Cheyanne and the other Possible Jill Sophie Loren, Bronson could have been played by no other at the time although in a modern actor such as Wes Studi a fine portrayal could be possible.
For me I would like to see West worked on to enhance its texture and colours, I would also like to see whats in the Leone vaults that we humble fan's have not seen.
The Quote from James woods about a 4 hour version has me slavering. I know people here say that Leones end product is what matters (a statement that I agree with) I also would like access to copies of the film that Leone considered before the final cut, its all a matter of process if we could see all the stuff they had we could all get a better insight into Leone's thought process in putting the greatest movie of all time together this I think most would agree with as lots of posts here have been about a second of film here and there in the different lengths of West already available.
We must also remember that Leone with West must have been chaffing at the bit about a time limit on the film, our man directed movies that came from his heart and every scene would have been prescious to him in telling his version of the American west, the clues to this are his use in My Name is Nobody of the shaving scene, it was in his dreams to have this in a film and after being forced to cut it from West I bet it was the first scene in mind for Nobody with Fonda again.
I think an active hunt and begging for more footage for West should begin, we already have the best movie ever made now let us have the rest to make it a total package

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
Man with no dame
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2007, 07:29:43 PM »

FRANK. To my mind would have to be played by MICHAEL PARKS. I say this after watching his spectacular return to form in KILL BILL (1 and 2). N.

Wobbles: Vincent D'Onofrio

Knowing Michael Parks, he wouldn't want to leave New Orleans for a long stretch , to star in a movie. He prefers cameos in films, to keep free time for his family. As far as Vince D'Onofrio, he is now too skinny to play Wobbles. My choice for the Woody Strode gunman, Jim Brown, also a former football player and somewhat of a rival of Strode in the 70's blaxploitation market. Wonder if they ever did a flick together?

bdsproductions
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2007, 01:28:38 AM »

Harmonica-Christian Bale
Frank-Tom Hanks
Morton-Kevin Spacey

Spacey could also work as Frank.

I was going to list William Fichnter as Harmonica, but he's a bit too old, might make for a good Frank though.

bdsproductions
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2007, 04:30:10 AM »

Actually, Harvey Keitel as Frank might be good.

Not as good as Hanks though, but still.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2007, 06:07:32 AM »

I can only repeat:

WOW!  I'd almost forgotten about this thread and I'm still amazed at how many replies it got!  Shocked

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM