Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 07:25:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your cast for a remake
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your cast for a remake  (Read 40953 times)
Nothing but a rotten son of a...
Chicken Thief

But you don't look like the one who'll collect it

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2003, 04:19:07 AM »

Thanks Kermit, for understanding my intention.  As I've said, I have a lot of choices for Harmonica.  But anyway, I agree, this film should never be remade, period, irregardless of who, where, what, when, etc.  This was just supposed to be a fun topic, and I did anticipate that hardcore Leone fans would react negatively.  I agree on that score.  Just don't take this so seriously, please.

Don't worry, I did understand your intentions, and I agree that it's a fun topic. I merely jumped at the opportunity to express my profound hatred for remakes.  Grin

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2003, 04:32:39 AM »

Don't worry, I did understand your intentions, and I agree that it's a fun topic. I merely jumped at the opportunity to express my profound hatred for remakes.  Grin

Okay.  Grin Let's just not try and recast GBU then . . . Roll Eyes

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2003, 05:12:33 AM »

I like Johnny Depp but he's to lightweight an actor for the part.

Just for fun

You have to think like Leone with this. Leone would have cast against type.

Start with Frank:

An actor who's mostly known for playing a good guy for the shock value.

Possibilities- Robin Williams
                     Dusin Hoffman
                     Tom Hanks
                     Pierce Brosnan
                     Jim Carry
                     Brad Pitt

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Nothing but a rotten son of a...
Chicken Thief

But you don't look like the one who'll collect it

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2003, 05:24:04 AM »

I like Johnny Depp but he's to lightweight an actor for the part.

Ok. Here's another interesting thought for Harmonica: Steve Buscemi http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000114/

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2003, 11:51:58 AM »

Ok. Here's another interesting thought for Harmonica: Steve Buscemi http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000114/

Buschemi?  LOL that's a good suggestion.  Grin

No offense Cigar Joe, but I definitely wouldn't want Brad Pitt or Jim Carey within a hundred miles of this production.  Grin After "One Hour Photo" Robin Williams as Frank won't be too surprising anyway.  Of the "against-type" suggestions, as I've said I like Redford the best.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 11:53:37 AM by Groggy » Logged

Angel Eyes
Bandido

I'll ask the questions!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 02:41:01 PM »

Robin Williams, good idea, saw One Hour Photo last week, brilliant.

Brad Pitt was a bad guy in Kalifornia (and a good one at that) but he'd be better as one of the gang that meets Harmonica off the train.

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2003, 04:40:31 PM »

Since we're going to digitally reanimate these actors anyway, how about a young Arnold as Harmonica - say circa Terminator 1?  

"No, you haf brought two horses too many ahshole"

CarrotTop would make an interesting casting choice as Brent McBain - again, keep in mind he'd be killed off early.

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2003, 04:47:59 PM »

Since we're going to digitally reanimate these actors anyway, how about a young Arnold as Harmonica - say circa Terminator 1?  

"No, you haf brought two horses too many ahshole"

CarrotTop would make an interesting casting choice as Brent McBain - again, keep in mind he'd be killed off early.

You're kidding, right?  I would like to see Carrot Top get blown away, and Arnold as Harmonica would be hilarious - but I don't think so.  Grin

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2003, 04:54:05 PM »

Ok, I was kidding about CarrotTop - but maybe he could play McBain's kid  Wink bam-da-da-bam-bam!

But Arnold - c'mon, I've never been so serious in my life.  Who else could be as totally, magnificently wooden as Bronson?

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2003, 04:58:20 PM »

Ok, I was kidding about CarrotTop - but maybe he could play McBain's kid  Wink bam-da-da-bam-bam!

But Arnold - c'mon, I've never been so serious in my life.  Who else could be as totally, magnificently wooden as Bronson?

*stares blankly* Uh . . .

Walter
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2003, 05:01:48 PM »

I still think a musical would be the best remake.... Actually, the thought of a remake is scary. But casting it is a bit fun.

Frank: Tom Hanks

Of course. Who else has such a good guy-image these days as Fonda had in the sixties? Hanks even played a good hearted killer in Road To Perdition. If he was able to pull it off (and I think he is), he would make a great Frank, and completely different than Fonda's

Harmonica: ..... not so easy. Bruce Willis could do it, sure, but he has already done the silent strong type too many times, and his angling of those roles are not so very far from Bronson's Harmonica. Surely it would be more fun if it was played a little differently than Bronson did it?
Banderas? No way. Too handsome, too elegant. Harmonica must look a underdog, that's a bit of the point. A close up of Banderas in the last duel would make this into a girlie-movie.

Actually, I think Brad Pitt could do it. He has screen presence, and some of that silent, soft-spoken authority that Bronson commanded. A bit of his own brand of madness would make a nice variety.

But this topic still feels like swearing loudly in a church....      

Dying ain't much of a living, boy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2003, 05:12:20 PM »

I still think a musical would be the best remake.... Actually, the thought of a remake is scary. But casting it is a bit fun.

Frank: Tom Hanks

Of course. Who else has such a good guy-image these days as Fonda had in the sixties? Hanks even played a good hearted killer in Road To Perdition. If he was able to pull it off (and I think he is), he would make a great Frank, and completely different than Fonda's

Harmonica: ..... not so easy. Bruce Willis could do it, sure, but he has already done the silent strong type too many times, and his angling of those roles are not so very far from Bronson's Harmonica. Surely it would be more fun if it was played a little differently than Bronson did it?
Banderas? No way. Too handsome, too elegant. Harmonica must look a underdog, that's a bit of the point. A close up of Banderas in the last duel would make this into a girlie-movie.

Actually, I think Brad Pitt could do it. He has screen presence, and some of that silent, soft-spoken authority that Bronson commanded. A bit of his own brand of madness would make a nice variety.

But this topic still feels like swearing loudly in a church....      

Hanks would be pretty good, he even sounds a bit like Fonda! Grin

Okay, Banderas probably is a bad choice.  Then I'm falling back on one of my two secondary suggestions: Robert Patrick or Lance Henriksen.

KERMIT
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2003, 05:18:02 PM »

one never knows does one.
we're just  kicking around ideas here.
some of which maybe arn't so good,
but what the hell.
it was fun while it lasted.
ie. unless someone can pop off another
tallboy can 'o whupass.   Grin

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2003, 05:23:10 PM »

I ain't got nothin' for right now, Kermit.  Let's see if our compadres can think of somethin'.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2003, 08:45:56 PM »

Ok how about an actress for Jill  Wink.

Courtney Love
Madonna
Angelina Jolie
Linda Florentino

Harmonica

Wes Studi

More for Frank

Mister Rogers (if he were still alive  Cool )
or better yet Barnie!, that would be a shock!

The three gunmen

Dennis Hopper
Gary Oldham
Coolio

Morton

Patric McGoohan
Jerry Stiller

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM