Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 09:25:32 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Starship Troopers (1997)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Starship Troopers (1997)  ( 7043 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« : July 31, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »

Blu-ray is a-comin'. http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65452

I bought the LD, then the DVD, then the super-bit DVD. I guess I'm gonna have to spring for this too (even though I don't have a player). Will this madness ever stop?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #1 : July 31, 2007, 11:57:19 PM »

I'm happy with my two disc set.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Sonny
Bounty Killer

« #2 : August 01, 2007, 11:38:49 AM »

YOUR two-disct set darling? 

Ok, I guess you can say that.  But have you seen it?  Until you see the movie, it shall remain MINE.

It's a grade A sci-fi.  O0

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #3 : August 01, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »

As I am. This HD/Blu-Ray upgrade doesn't excite me all that much. I mean how much more clearer can you get? I like that old gritty look with some of my films.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #4 : August 01, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »

With Taxi Driver, yeah, but with ST you want the best resolution you can get. Also, the lossless audio is desirable.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #5 : August 01, 2007, 06:21:02 PM »

With Taxi Driver, yeah, but with ST you want the best resolution you can get. Also, the lossless audio is desirable.

Yeah, this is true. I guess it just depends on what type of film it is.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

« #6 : August 01, 2007, 09:30:09 PM »

I, for one, am prepared to wait until at least 60% of the new releases start to become unavailable on DVD.  Until then, I will stick to my DVD box sets till the end.  O0

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #7 : August 01, 2007, 09:51:14 PM »

I, for one, am prepared to wait until at least 60% of the new releases start to become unavailable on DVD.  Until then, I will stick to my DVD box sets till the end.  O0

We don't even know for sure if Blu-Ray or HD will even replace DVD yet. Besides, are DVD's can play on HD and Blu-Ray DVD players so I don't have to worry about replacing all my films, thankfully!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #8 : August 01, 2007, 09:58:02 PM »

Ok, I guess you can say that.  But have you seen it?  Until you see the movie, it shall remain MINE.

Yes I have seen it.

And since our "wonderful friend" decided to not pay the 500 dollars he owes me, the film (which was once his) will remain MINE.

I'd also like to add that our "wonderful friend" (who I know frequently roams here as a guest and will read this) is a cocksucker.

« : August 01, 2007, 09:59:40 PM The Firecracker »

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #9 : August 01, 2007, 10:01:31 PM »

Yes I have seen it.

And since our "wonderful friend" decided to not pay the 500 dollars he owes me, the film (which was once his) will remain MINE.

I'd also like to add that our "wonderful friend" (who I know frequently roams here as a guest and will read this) is a cocksucker.

;D a little feisty tonight aren't we Firecracker? O0

Sonny
Bounty Killer

« #10 : August 01, 2007, 11:21:24 PM »

;D a little feisty tonight aren't we Firecracker? O0

Just a little..

He tends to release his daily anger and frustartion on this wonderful site.. or haven't you noticed?

Sonny
Bounty Killer

« #11 : August 01, 2007, 11:24:41 PM »

We don't even know for sure if Blu-Ray or HD will even replace DVD yet. Besides, are DVD's can play on HD and Blu-Ray DVD players so I don't have to worry about replacing all my films, thankfully!

Well actually, we do know that one day, Blue-Ray and HD will most certainly take over the DVD domain, just as DVDs took over VHS.  And now is when we see the enormous difference between the quality of DVDs vs. the quality of VHS, before DVDs were around, VHS didn't bother us at all. It was the best we had.  In about five or six years, same thing will happen with Blue-Ray/HD and DVD.

« : August 01, 2007, 11:26:00 PM Sonny »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #12 : May 26, 2008, 02:52:48 AM »

Latest Blu-ray update: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67840

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #13 : May 26, 2008, 05:01:47 AM »

Well actually, we do know that one day, Blue-Ray and HD will most certainly take over the DVD domain, just as DVDs took over VHS.  And now is when we see the enormous difference between the quality of DVDs vs. the quality of VHS, before DVDs were around, VHS didn't bother us at all. It was the best we had.  In about five or six years, same thing will happen with Blue-Ray/HD and DVD.

Yeah but the difference between DVD and BluRay is not nearly as dramatic as that between DVD and VHS, so it's more or less a moot point. It will take at least a decade for BluRay to overtake DVDs, if they ever do. BluRay's advantage is better picture quality, and that's it. That is a lot depending on the film in question, but they don't have anything light-years ahead of DVDs like DVDs have over VHS (more data, room for special features, etc.).

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #14 : May 26, 2008, 07:24:16 AM »

Well that's more the point I was trying to make, A1. O0 DVDs aren't likely to be completely absorbed by BluRay like VHS was by DVD. There just isn't that huge a difference to the average person.

Saturday nights with Groggy
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines